What's new

MOAB UT land use in jeopardy

booger

Bad
Member Number
Loc
Corpus Christi
I searched but did not find this topic being covered.

Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance is trying to shut down 330,000 acres of current motorized recreation in the Labyrinth Rims/Gemini Bridges Special Recreation Area right outside of Moab.

Want to continue riding this unique, one-in-the-world area?

It takes 2-3 minutes to make your voice and the voice of other motorized users heard.

Click Here: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-u... Look to the left side where it says Participate Now highlighted in green. Scroll all the way to the right and click Participate Now again, highlighted in green. Follow through the submission process and urge BLM to retain this wonderful recreation area. Deadline is APRIL 26

they don't fucking care and they already have a settlement with the environmentalists.
bye moab.

done

and R :flipoff2:

So the town full of small businesses is going to just roll over and die? Sure does seem like a city built on such things would not being happy about that, I'm confused, that is happening more and more though. Maybe I need a meteor 2022 sticker.

Oops and thank you.

What is this settlement you speak of?
the link said:
On May 31, 2017 a settlement agreement was reached in the case titled Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance, et al.v U.S Department of the Interior, et al.. This agreement has implications for travel and transportation planning efforts in the Richfield, Price, Moab, Kanab, and Vernal BLM field offices. Information about statewide Travel Plan efforts can be found at

it sure sounds like the wilderness alliance took them to court to force this evaluation, you think that it's already a not a foregone conclusion?
I do.

here's the settlement I think:

well I'd post the stuff from the settlement about determining a need for a trail on the map, but leave it to the government to produce a PDF that has it's settings such that you can't copy/paste from it.

page 9.

then on page 11 it says if you can't come up with a reason to have it, or if it's not currently being used, or has vegetation growing back over it, then it's not going on the map by default.

That settlement agreement was signed by the parties involved in 2017. They’ve been working on this for a while.

well I'd post the stuff from the settlement about determining a need for a trail on the map, but leave it to the government to produce a PDF that has it's settings such that you can't copy/paste from it.

page 9.

then on page 11 it says if you can't come up with a reason to have it, or if it's not currently being used, or has vegetation growing back over it, then it's not going on the map by default.
windows kwy + shift + S you can screen shot sections out. Or download, reprint as a pdf and then copy and paste.

windows kwy + shift + S you can screen shot sections out. Or download, reprint as a pdf and then copy and paste.
it's not that I couldn't have done any of that, I just lack the motivation.
besides, everyone should read the whole damned thing anyway.

ah yeah got ya. it shouldn't be a pia to share. I attached the un-protected doc.

Attachments

• SUWA_vs_DOI_Settlement_Agreement.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
So as mentioned above, is this already a forgone thing? they have already been sued and made the determination, this is just a formality "asking for public input" now?

So as mentioned above, is this already a forgone thing? they have already been sued and made the determination, this is just a formality "asking for public input" now?
Sort but not really. They were forced into the process. Comments could/should help the agency justify the decisions they make, if they get a good deal of public support for this way or that way it should push them in one direction. If they get no response then...

Top Back Refresh