What's new

Milwaukee grease gun and plastic grease tubes?

94toytruck

Eastcoast crawler
Member Number
Loc
Eastern Pa
I've had my Milwaukee grease gun for awhile now. No issues at all, always just load a tube and good to go. I bought a tube of grease and went to load it and man this thing will not let the rubber plunger in at all. Pulled the tube back out and nothing wrong with it, actually pushed on the back of the rubber plunger and it will not go in the tube. Only thing I can think of is this particular grease is in a plastic tube and I don't think I've ever put a plastic tube in it before.

Anyone ever have this issue? I don't have another cardboard cartridge here to try or I'd have tried one already.

ID the same?

I'll check vs. a new tube tomorrow. Old one went in the trash and went right out. I'm almost expecting it's a slightly smaller ID.

You put the tube in the right direction. Foil end to the pump? :flipoff2::lmao:

I’m my 30+ years of burning up grease tubes never had one not work. The ones that got smashed took a bit but they still went.

I've never had a issue either. I actually removed the spring end and manually tried to push the plunger into the tube and it won't go.

I'll check vs. a new tube tomorrow. Old one went in the trash and went right out. I'm almost expecting it's a slightly smaller ID.

I've never had an issue either. I actually removed the spring end and manually tried to push the plunger into the tube and it won't go.
Did you check to see if the tube was in the right direction. On the milwaukee you don’t need to take it apart to be able to push the plunger. Pull it all the way out and turn the handle 90 and then you can push the plunger in with the handle.

Press the air release as you’re pushing .

Did you check to see if the tube was in the right direction. On the milwaukee you don’t need to take it apart to be able to push the plunger. Pull it all the way out and turn the handle 90 and then you can push the plunger in with the handle.

Press the air release as you’re pushing .

It's in correctly, it won't push in manually with the handle. I pulled it apart to see if the plunger was damaged and decided to try and get the plunger started by hand which also didn't work.

Is the lip of the tube kinked or damaged? That will shut you down quuck

I have a manual grease gun that is a royal pain in the ass, if you stick a plastic tube in it.

Only plastic tunes I've run were some 10+ yr old P66 Multiplex. It's shit BTW, washes off with rain water.

Top Back Refresh