What's new

Miller Syncrowave 250 Score!

Dan's EB

Not so junior
Member Number
Loc
Chandler, AZ
I scored a welder today. Miller synchrowave 250 in really good shape.
Some of you peeps don't care but I'm pretty happy with my purchase and excited to get it wired up in my garage.

Machine, bottle, regulator, foot pedal, torch, and water cooler. WOOT WOOT !

IMG_20210226_125211.jpg
IMG_20210226_204553.jpg

Cooler.jpg

Now I just need a breaker, 60 feet of 8awg wire and a plug. More or less..

Cooler.jpg

Awesome!! I've been looking at those to get away from my stick welder.

i started with a syncro 250. great machine. i just cant bring myself to sell it, so its parked at a buddies place who uses it a couple times a year. if you can get a pulse controller its every bit as good as a dynasty. is it a PFC machine?

always a good idea to clean up the HF points on a 'new to me' machine like that one. and a good cleaning on the water cooler, junk likes to grow in them when they sit

i started with a syncro 250. great machine. i just cant bring myself to sell it, so its parked at a buddies place who uses it a couple times a year. if you can get a pulse controller its every bit as good as a dynasty. is it a PFC machine?

always a good idea to clean up the HF points on a 'new to me' machine like that one. and a good cleaning on the water cooler, junk likes to grow in them when they sit

Ok, what is a PFC? Is that the power factor capacitors, then no.
I cleaned the points up with 1500 sand paper then gapped them at the recommended .010.
I need to pull 60 feet of wire across my attic to the garage for a plug for this thing so thats slowing me down.
My mig machine is running of a 30 amp breaker and plug with no issues but this machine needs more. My neighbor says he amped his same machine and it was drawing 48 amps at full load so I'm thinking 6ga wire at least a 60A breaker for a 60 foot run.

Ok, what is a PFC? Is that the power factor capacitors, then no.
I cleaned the points up with 1500 sand paper then gapped them at the recommended .010.
I need to pull 60 feet of wire across my attic to the garage for a plug for this thing so thats slowing me down.
My mig machine is running of a 30 amp breaker and plug with no issues but this machine needs more. My neighbor says he amped his same machine and it was drawing 48 amps at full load so I'm thinking 6ga wire at least a 60A breaker for a 60 foot run.

yes power factor caps.
my machine doesn't have a pfc and i had to run it on a 100amp breaker. would pop a 60 with any decent use. i also have a shopmaster 300 ac/dc it is a pfc machine and hos no problem running on the 60amp breaker.

look at section 3 says you'll want to give it 92 amps w/o pfc. 66 with pfc. not sure i'm reading right put i think two pages before that says it will pull as much as 117amps.

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/owners-manuals/O353T_MIL.pdf

I have the same machine and cooler. The cooler is very loud for what it is doing. I also done like it sitting on top of the welder but I am not sure where else to put it.

I have one of these close by me for a good deal and will probably going to look at it. anything that I should look out for or be aware of?

Run it on both AC and DC. If it’s not hook up to run then low ball them.

I have one of these close by me for a good deal and will probably going to look at it. anything that I should look out for or be aware of?

they pretty much just do work. there is a small chance that some obscure cirbuit borad part is bad, but pretty unlikely

yes power factor caps.
my machine doesn't have a pfc and i had to run it on a 100amp breaker. would pop a 60 with any decent use. i also have a shopmaster 300 ac/dc it is a pfc machine and hos no problem running on the 60amp breaker.

look at section 3 says you'll want to give it 92 amps w/o pfc. 66 with pfc. not sure i'm reading right put i think two pages before that says it will pull as much as 117amps.

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/owners-manuals/O353T_MIL.pdf

interesting
maybe that's why my old 330a/bp says 104A at 220v on the data plate, but doesn't pop a 60a breaker even pushing it hard for long enough to get the ceramic cup glowing halfway back on a watercooled torch

I have the same machine and cooler. The cooler is very loud for what it is doing. I also done like it sitting on top of the welder but I am not sure where else to put it.
unhook the fan (or take it off the motor's shaft if it is one motor running everything)

my cooler is a five gallon bucket with an old in-tank EFI fuel pump in it (use an old 8 amp battery charger to power it), full of old antifreeze to keep anything from growing in it, it gets warm after a while but never all that hot

Top Back Refresh