What's new

Miller suitcase welder settings

Dennhop

Crayon Eater
Member Number
Loc
Nunya
So I have a question about setting up a suitcase welder for flux core vs gas shield. In order to reverse the polarity is it merely a matter of switching the two leads coming off of my generator going into the welder? The reason I'm asking is because sometimes when welding out in the field using gas shield isn't really worth it because the amount of wind I've got going on. On my regular welder at my house I know I can get inside and swap those two leads out the positive and negative just switch my polarity. Since I don't see that option inside the suitcase welder do I make that polarity change where I hook it up to the generator and plug the work tool into the negative port and run the positive port to ground? apologize in advance for what may seem to be a stupid question, but I've never had any actual formal training and I'm 100% self-taught.

thats exactly what you do. depending on the suitcase there may also be a +/- toggle switch that needs flipped, iirc thats only on the lincoln ln-25.

Top Back Refresh