What's new

Mil Wrap Leaf + RuffStuff French Hanger

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
Anyone running Dan’s frenched 3” leaf spring hangers with Mil wrap leafs. I’m not at home to
measure my RE1443 springs to confirm.

I called rough stuff to confirm I have 1.75” clearance from the bolt center to the top inside of the hanger but not finding any solid RE info

How soon do you need it? I believe I have a set in my basement and will check in about an hour.

Also might help to say what type of springs. I can check against 99 Tahoe rear springs.

*edit* Turns out I have a 1065.:homer:
I'm kind of surprised that RuffStuff wasn't able to get you a measurement. They were able to get me a measurement for the spring under spring plates.

Last edited:
For the hangers, the 1065 is the frenched hanger:
https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/63FLSH.html

Here is 1.75" measurement from bottom of bracket to center of hole:
DSC_0396.JPG

DSC_0396.JPG

I made a huge typo RE1430 Springs

Ruff stuff did confirm 1.75”
I haven’t called RE because I’ve been busy working but from my rough math they should fit... I should have 1/4” clearance for the second wrapped spring

EDIT:

RE was useless

Last edited:
Ahh... so your issue is unavailable info about Rubicon Express springs?

FWIW, the 99 Tahoe springs are 1 1/4" from spring center to spring edge without a military wrap. Add ~1/4" for a military wrap leaf should put you 1/4" space.

Updated just for the tech...

The RE MIL wrapped springs do fit inside the Ruff Stuff hangers. I received my partial order today. If you are looking for bushings for Rubicon Express springs... search for K5 Blazer rear bushings. They fit perfectly just make sure the shackle bushing is the same size for a complete matching set!

Now everyone can get back to links and air bumps!

photo23948.jpg

[memphis said:
;n136172]Updated just for the tech...

The RE MIL wrapped springs do fit inside the Ruff Stuff hangers. I received my partial order today. If you are looking for bushings for Rubicon Express springs... search for K5 Blazer rear bushings. They fit perfectly just make sure the shackle bushing is the same size for a complete matching set!

Now everyone can get back to links and air bumps!

Hey fuck you! Leafs 4 life. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh