What's new

Migrating your PBB data

Then thats exactly why we wont be naming it that ...

Oh, yeah - I hope nobody thought I was serious about an "Overlanding" forum.

There would be hipster lumbersexuals complaining of our "micro-aggressions". *

* "micro-aggression" is newspeak for "I got kicked in the pussy" - don't feel bad, I had to look it up too :laughing:

Tell me how this works out.

I don't care about most of my tech shit, but I have been kind of opinionated on some shit here and there, and if I'm going to go through the divorce, I'd like my shit scrubbed. from GCC and the Trailer Park. I may eventually need a job and I think I kept my shit clean enough, but ........

(And this does have a "divorce" feel to it.)

Even Camaro Genius spent weeks going through and deleting shit when he was sanitizing his web stuff from future employers.

PLUS if I delete my shit, I am less likely to go back over there. It just makes a clean break.

I thought Jeff did that because he was running for office somewhere in TX and didn't want his post history coming out of the closet.

I thought Jeff did that because he was running for office somewhere in TX and didn't want his post history coming out of the closet.

If i remember, he was starting his own safety consulting business. He was worried it was going to get in the way of work.

Yes he wanted to run against his rep. She was one of the crazy stupid ones. Shelia Jackson Lee? I dunno. Some dingbat that if you heard her name, you would 🤦‍♂️

Houston IIRC and was going after Sheila Jackson Lee.

Can't say I blame anyone doing it anymore. The internet isn't what it was 5, 10, 20 years ago. It's not just companies that are going to look that up, but huge amounts of data are sold and traded these days. An off color remark from 20 years ago can seriously fuck you now and you're nowhere near as anonymous as you once were.

So I'm just curious. On the +P site, I always hosted my own photos, never uploaded them anywhere but to my own server. If I wanted to, I could easily remove them by simply changing the name of the folder i have them hosted in, or moving the folder, or deleting it.

How does that play into them "owning my content", when it's not hosted there?

It would make it pretty simple for me to copy over my old Diesel Willys thread, but I'm probably not going to. It was a long thread with a lot of noise in it, and honestly I don't know that anyone would really benefit from that thread, it didn't have much of a direction, it was more or less me just floundering around, asking a bunch of questions and learning how to build things.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh