What's new

Migraines

I've been getting them since high school though not very frequently. They used to be pretty intense - aura, nausea and jackhammer headache. As I've gotten older they've dwindled down to being mostly ocular with a mild headache and no nausea. The aura is the most annoying part of it- especially when driving - but it usually goes away after about 20 minutes. I usually pop 3-4 ibuprofen at their onset and I'm GTG.
This is how mine are now. I’m glad I don’t get the skull splitting headaches anymore.

Do you find the Sumatriptan making you nauseus? When I use it it does kick ass on the migrane, but makes me feel very disoriented and I cant do anything but sit or sleep until it subsides.
Sometimes, but it's worth it for me. Any side effect would be worth it.
Besides, coming out of those terrible attacks I'm already wiped out regardless, so it's just a relief to finally catch my breath.

Who gets them and how do you deal.

What say IBB?

I don't get them but here's some simple tips so you know you're doing your part:
1) Hydration; drink clear fluids until you're pissing every 15mins and pissing near-clear (light yellow).
Also:
2) Caffeine: NoDoz/coffee/or Excedrin<---has caffeine

Bumping this.

I've found a connection between coming out of a migraine and the consumption of a very hot sauce or food.

I've been eating fire with some ghost pepper stuff, and usually have relief in about 20-30 mins. It's really been helpful, I suffer some pretty severe ones that put me down all day. This has been the only thing that's worked and best part is its not some weird drug with side effects.
Ah, spicy stuff ;) I LOVE and crave chili when mine is past the vomiting point.
My wife get migraines and has most of her life. We started juicing when she gets one. Apple(1large or 2 small), carrot(2 unless huge), celery(2-3 stalks)and fresh ginger(1/2 teaspoon ish) all run through the juicer. If she gets it early its about 80% success. Some that come on like freight trains it will lessen the symptoms. Some people swear by snorting cayenne pepper. But shes not willing to try that and I dont get them.

Run the ginger with the carrots or apples it helps it do better in small portions.
I will definitely try this but in the Vitamix. I slice ginger and make tea that definitely helps with the nausea.

What to Expect When Taking OTC Supplements for Migraines
By Martin Taylor
Medically Reviewed by Dany Paul Baby, MD
on July 04, 2022
When dealing with migraines, you'll want to look into all of your options. Your doctor may have you on a conventional treatment plan if you have been diagnosed with migraine. However, these treatment plans don't always cover all of the symptoms you face with migraine.

Supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, and enzymes. However, the research behind the benefits is limited so take them at your own risk.

Over-the-counter (OTC) supplements are a popular option when thinking about alternative treatments. The reason people turn to them for migraine relief is that OTC supplements are often inexpensive and easier to get than prescriptions. These types of supplements can have therapeutic benefits when dealing with migraines. They are an important part of your overall treatment plan.

OTC supplements are great for people who experience headaches for at least 15 days each month. There's not a lot of research backing up the therapeutic benefits of supplements for migraines. But there are supplements for migraines that are more popular than others, including:

Magnesium

Riboflavin (vitamin B2)

Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)

Omega-3 fatty acids

What to Expect When Taking OTC Supplements for Migraines
By Martin Taylor
Medically Reviewed by Dany Paul Baby, MD
on July 04, 2022
When dealing with migraines, you'll want to look into all of your options. Your doctor may have you on a conventional treatment plan if you have been diagnosed with migraine. However, these treatment plans don't always cover all of the symptoms you face with migraine.

Supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, and enzymes. However, the research behind the benefits is limited so take them at your own risk.

Over-the-counter (OTC) supplements are a popular option when thinking about alternative treatments. The reason people turn to them for migraine relief is that OTC supplements are often inexpensive and easier to get than prescriptions. These types of supplements can have therapeutic benefits when dealing with migraines. They are an important part of your overall treatment plan.

OTC supplements are great for people who experience headaches for at least 15 days each month. There's not a lot of research backing up the therapeutic benefits of supplements for migraines. But there are supplements for migraines that are more popular than others, including:

Magnesium

Riboflavin (vitamin B2)

Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)

Omega-3 fatty acids
Magnesium 2x a day is what my Dr prescribed 5yrs ago to keep mine away. It also helps with some of my pain and sleep issues.

Top Back Refresh