Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Might as well ramble about sherco's

Member Number
Ok.. Pulled the mud puddle guards off and slapped some crycra's on, an put 20 miles of legit single track on this thing today...

Most importantly!! This fucker sounds cool, very different sound than any other 2 stroke.:grinpimp:

Suspension is a bit on the firm side but it wont take much to dial it in. I like it alot

I doesn't have the bottom end torque of a 300. I'm sure a head or maybe slight gear change would fix that. It is an extremely smooth power that unless you are in the higher rpms, is deceivingly fast:laughing: I used 1st gear more than I thought I would, though never felt like I needed more power.

The bike just feels small. Height, width and weight. If you are on the seat, your knees lock into the cut outs in the shrouds, I dont think that is an accident :laughing:

It likes to turn. Very responsive without being twitchy.

Radiator fan kicks on pretty quick.

These Michelin's are the only tire I have used that needed to break in. Kinda weird. But they sure hooked up better after 10 miles of rock

Complaints....

THAT FUCKING PETCOCK
Lotta allen head bolts on it. Why not a normal hex head bolt?
Float level is a bit off an I'm spilling gas...
Foot on the kickstand is tiny and just sinks into the dirt.
Bars are low and the pegs are forward and high. Its not bad if you are gettin it, but in the slow tech stuff..It just dont work. Looking at pegs and bar risers now.

Overall pretty happy with this thing.

Last edited:
What Sherco?

RE: peg position
With your comment about knees locking in... You are trying to ride like a moto rider, when you should be riding like a trials rider in that slow techy stuff. Bend those knees, shove them out and your ass down. That bike should be dancing under the balls of your feet, not connected to you at the knees.

I was watching this this morning and it really has some great shots of body positioning. Aint no one here riding with knees locked into shrouds. They all obviously have some trials background.

What Sherco?

RE: peg position
With your comment about knees locking in... You are trying to ride like a moto rider, when you should be riding like a trials rider in that slow techy stuff. Bend those knees, shove them out and your ass down. That bike should be dancing under the balls of your feet, not connected to you at the knees.

'23 250 se bought yesterday and just getting it dialed in.

Gotta rough idea on how to ride a bike...

I like the seat on the windy flowy stuff, and some of the downhill stuff. Stand for everything else while on my ktm's. This thing is just a bit scrunched up right now to be doing that. Pretty common issue on these bikes

Last edited:
Off set pegs are ordered. 5mm back and down. Also have some bars ordered. Just went for a ktm bend, thats still over 1" taller than the sherco trials bike bars:laughing:

Oughtta be able to get it set up now

Nice! hope you love it. The guys in the club who have them rave about them.

Its really a sweet bike. Smooth enough it feels gutless...if that makes any sense:laughing:

Just not sure what kinda person they set the pegs/bars for:homer:

What bars did you get? What else is on the list? How's the stock skid plate? Tires? Etc

Skid plate is an actual skidplate for once:laughing: no linkage protection though. AXP brand I think.

Has Michelin enduro's on it. Way better than the dunlop crap but its no IRC

ODI podium flight, ktm bend. Buying handlebars confuses me, so I guessed...if they dont work for me they will replace the cut down ones on my 300 that is for sale:laughing:

I need to fix the float level. And maybe dick with the jetting a tad, just because I can:grinpimp: its pretty close already though.

Thinking about a sprocket change and or also a head. Just for a lil more chooch. But hard to say if needed, as you couldnt really ride the thing with how scrunched up you were on the bike....

Last edited:
Changed the float level. Dunno much about doing that, but I seen a youtube video a while ago:grinpimp: I think its better

Pegs came in. If they are lower, it aint by much. And instead of being offset they just made the back side wider.:shaking: Not a big fan of wide pegs, so I doubt these will stay on very long. But I'll ride em at least one weekend to make sure I dont like em.

20240501_152758.jpg

I'm so fuckin smart:flipoff2:

20240501_142721.jpg

Got in an argument on sunday with the old guy in our riding group. As he swears this bike has a brake light. Naturally "yer loosin your mind old man"

Swapping bars tonight and notice something.

20240502_173226.jpg

So I removed it. That way there is no way he could have been seeing brake lights:grinpimp:

Float level is set, though it still drools a bit riding in the pickup. 10x better though.
New pegs arent as grabby as i thought they would be. A lil wide, but I think they are going to stay.
New bars make this thing rideable while standing, though they are a tad tall now:laughing: Still got some adjusting to do

I'm down to 12psi in the front an 8psi in the rear. While the michelins work well enough not to swap out. I sure wont buy another set. I want my VE33's back:laughing:

They run the front brake hose behind the number plate on the very outside edge of it:homer: Which if you run any sort of barkbusters is a problem. Ive got things rerouted and shaved the lip off the edge of the number plate. Its better, but I shouldnt have to do that.

We got snowed out of where we wanted to go so plan B happened. And then 2 guys bitched out. Other guy that showed up had a Beta 300 with 0 miles on it. His favorite thing about the bike is the horn. And he uses it every chance he can:lmao:

This area has alot of tight single track that could also be called a hillclimb. Gears on the sherco just arent right for going from 1st gear crawling straight into a full throttle hill. After today, sprockets and a RK head will be ordered.

Its a sweet bike, an I like it. But I dont love the thing yet. Still got some tweaking that needs done

20240505_140214.jpg
20240505_120953.jpg

Yup. a 140 at that:laughing:

Its a stiff tire with lil shorty lugs. Probly be a decent tire on hardpack or riding in the rocks.

RK head helped a bunch. Very pleased with it.

I think dropping a tooth on the front sprocket will be to much. Probly buy a cheapo 51t or 52t just to see wtf.

Need to play with the bars a bit more but I'm really liking this thing. Seem to keep the map switch on the mellow side. Stupid smooth power:smokin:

Got 49.8 miles outta the light weight tubes before the rear fucked off:shaking: I shoulda known better.

Kinda thinkin I might try a mousse this time instead of a HD tube...but I dunno

20240519_114354.jpg

Last edited:
If you're going to try a mousse i recommend the michelins over the nitros. And if you know someone with a rabaconda make sure to borrow it or have said buddy help you out.

How critical is it to have the right size mousse? I got a 140 tire on it now. But will be dropping back to a 110 or 120 once its burned up. Can I get away with a 140 on a 120 mousse?

Have read about drillng them?
Yeah, hard enduro folks do that a lot. For guys in your neck of the woods, it's borderline madatory. All you're doing is reducing the equivalent air pressure. A brand new undrilled mousse is equivalent to like 15psi. You can drill it down to that 8-10 sweet spot.

How critical is it to have the right size mousse? I got a 140 tire on it now. But will be dropping back to a 110 or 120 once its burned up. Can I get away with a 140 on a 120 mousse?
The hard part about mousses is getting them to hold the beads on properly. The usual method is to wear them down through a proper sized tire (140 mousse in a 140 tire) then use the worn down 140 mousse in a 120, then a 110 as it wears, etc
Pretty much the only way to get full performance for your money out of them.

Interesting...

With a proper lube job, how many tires can ya get outta one, before you gotta go a size down?

Kinda sounding like just a HD tube is what I need. I just want a 120 @ 10ish psi

Interesting...

With a proper lube job, how many tires can ya get outta one, before you gotta go a size down?
In your case I would guess around 2-3. Speed and heat have a heavy effect on longevity so you're probably going to get a lot more out of them than I'm used to.
Kinda sounding like just a HD tube is what I need. I just want a 120 @ 10ish psi
Hard to beat the cost, that's for sure. If you never get flats anyway, it's a solid choice.

Top Back Refresh