Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Might as well ramble about sherco's

My only fear with Sherco is that they end up like my old Cagiva made Husky. Awesome bike, no parts support.
After dealing with that for years, and still being able to get parts for my Dad's 98 exc300, I went with the dealer in every town option. :laughing:
Honestly I think about things like that as well, but even the huge brands aren't immune to it sometimes it seems. Hopefully this blows over for them. Or it's just tabloidy shit. IDK yet.

Seem to be getting more popular though. Same with the Beta, those things are everywhere these days
Got a few family members that are pretty sold on the Betas. I love the character of the engines (only ever ridden 300s, never touched any of their 4 strokes) but I wish they would put the R&D into EFI on the smokers. The bikes overall are a pretty solid product though.

There's a way you can set up the powervalve on those Betas so it basically just sputters and coughs when it would normally hit the powerband, but the torque output down low is INSANE. You PNW guys would really appreciate it.

wish they would put the R&D into EFI on the smokers.

I dunno. I've seen/heard of more guys with EFI problems than I have with a carb. Was one of the reasons I didnt go for the KTM this time around.

There's a way you can set up the powervalve on those Betas so it basically just sputters and coughs when it would normally hit the powerband, but the torque output down low is INSANE. You PNW guys would really appreciate it.

Interesting. Just a different map isnt it?

Last edited:
I dunno. I've seen/heard of more guys with EFI problems than I have with a carb. Was one of the reasons I didnt go for the KTM this time around.
I've heard of a few issues as well, though the only issue I've personally seen was a fouled plug on a cold start. The teething issues are definitely there for a first gen bike, I just get all dick hard about how they run when they are running. Sweet jesus they make some awesome power. (compared to my 04 YZ250 I usually get off of when trying one out anyway)
Interesting. Just a different map isnt it?
Last time I tried that it was a few years ago so I'd have to ask what exactly it entailed, but if memory serves, he said it was just powervalve tuning. I don't know if they use springs old ktm style or what. But it was quite a crazy shift of the powerband for sure

I know with the sherco. One map setting the thing likes being short shifted and keeping it loaded down. Doesnt really like to rev

The 2nd setting isnt so happy about that lugging stuff. But it'll rev to the moon. Still no real hit though. Very smooth

Never had a bike that the map switch actually did something. Kinda cool

Messing with powervalve springs can get some interesting results depending on how you ride:laughing:

I was irritated I had to spend $9 on the adjustment tool for the husky, why couldn't it just be a nut or 1/4” square? :mad3:

The map switch is interesting. I noticed mine just gets lazy in 2, but will still get with it. Find it easier to hold traction climbing in 2, but downhill I switch back to 1 as it has more snap/instant response to pick up the front end for drops or logs.

I have the older lectron (no "torque jet"). It also came with the stock 38mm keilen that I may try, as I've heard the lectron makes them lazy on the bottom.

It is definitely entertaining to crank some pressure on the spring and make it hit like a 125. Makes 450 guys shit a brick. :laughing:

Yea its like a 3/16" square drive IIRC. I just ground down a junk screw driver and jammed it in there:laughing:

Putting a stiffer spring in and cranking it down was kinda sporty if you liked to ride a lil higher in the rpm's:laughing:

I settled on the softest spring and backed out most the way. Get into the power sooner with less of a hit. I dont think you can make any adjustments on the sherco PV

RK head on my 300 made it a totally different bike.

I dont see the point of a lectron unless a guy is changing altitude quite a bit

Area I bought it in is 5k-10k feet.

I usually do one cross county Enduro that's down at 3800ft, but the rest of the time I'm 6-9k in the mountains.

I'll probably try the stock carb or grab a Mikuni next summer.

Top Back Refresh