What's new

Michigan is free let the lawsuits begin!

Willc

Drunken Hobbit
Member Number
Loc
NC
Michigan Governor’s Covid Orders Tossed by State’s Top Court Alex Ebert
October 2, 2020, 5:40 PM EDT
Updated on October 2, 2020, 6:22 PM EDT
Unilateral virus order authority breaks state constitution
Dozens of gubernatorial orders invalidated
Now may other states follow!

So far this only applies to Michigan as the court said it violated the state constitution. Sadly we'll have to get the federal court(s) to make a similar ruling to invalidate these types of orders nation wide.

Michigan Governor’s Covid Orders Tossed by State’s Top Court Alex Ebert
October 2, 2020, 5:40 PM EDT
Updated on October 2, 2020, 6:22 PM EDT
Unilateral virus order authority breaks state constitution
Dozens of gubernatorial orders invalidated
Now may other states follow!

Fina fucking lee!

Whitmer's a ****.

Shutting down the state because 2 counties had high infection rates. :homer:

Typical knee jerk over reaction.

Those two counties run Michigan. A MI Governor will typically only go north of Lansing if they attend meetings on Mackinaw Island. I'm not even sure Whitmer campaigned in the UP, and if she did it was a cursory trip. What makes MI tolerable is that the SE government typically fucks off and leaves the rest of the State alone, especially WestMI which still have their own private Kingdom run by religious conservatives. But Whitler is from Forest Hills so has a base in Kent County, which is blue now. So yeah our roads suck and we don't get State projects, but until COVID we could consider Detroit and the other cities their own run-down little ghettos. Whitmer is trying to turn the State into California.

Credit to GR, before the riots started they had national guard down by rosa parks circle. I thought NG was under control of the Governor so I don't know how they did, but they were there with HMMVs and MRAPs. The old Dutchies still have pull. Not toleratin' no damage to the merchandise :lmao:

Those two counties run Michigan. A MI Governor will typically only go north of Lansing if they attend meetings on Mackinaw Island. I'm not even sure Whitmer campaigned in the UP, and if she did it was a cursory trip. What makes MI tolerable is that the SE government typically fucks off and leaves the rest of the State alone, especially WestMI which still have their own private Kingdom run by religious conservatives. But Whitler is from Forest Hills so has a base in Kent County, which is blue now. So yeah our roads suck and we don't get State projects, but until COVID we could consider Detroit and the other cities their own run-down little ghettos. Whitmer is trying to turn the State into California.

Credit to GR, before the riots started they had national guard down by rosa parks circle. I thought NG was under control of the Governor so I don't know how they did, but they were there with HMMVs and MRAPs. The old Dutchies still have pull. Not toleratin' no damage to the merchandise :lmao:

you know that moronic bitch owns a condo in Petoskey at the yacht club, right? she definitely goes north of Lansing,but only to her rich people vacation neighborhood.

you know that moronic bitch owns a condo in Petoskey at the yacht club, right? she definitely goes north of Lansing,but only to her rich people vacation neighborhood.

Yeah well I was getting my usual long post. I figured non-Michiganders got the idea. But you're right, Charlevoix, Traverse, Kalkaska, Petosky, those are richie-rich areas. Tarpaper shacks inland from the Lakeside mansions though. :lmao:

Yeah well I was getting my usual long post. I figured non-Michiganders got the idea. But you're right, Charlevoix, Traverse, Kalkaska, Petosky, those are richie-rich areas. Tarpaper shacks inland from the Lakeside mansions though. :lmao:

too bad too, because that is some gorgeous land up there. the wife and i will own land for retirement that is reminiscent of those areas, but certainly not in any of those areas.

Top Back Refresh