What's new

mexican rice

Member Number
Loc
socal
i have tried many times before i was married and it was a disaster. part of the martial agreement was a list of items she had to learn to cook from my mom, this was one of them.

growing up my grandmother (my dads mom, who taught my mom, who taught my wife) would put chunks of onion in it. for whatever reason my mom doesn't so take it for what its worth. also the veggies you find in some mexi restaurants was apparently what the 'rich' mexis did to show off back in the day from what my grandma told my mom.

1648441171535.png

1648441970830.png

1648441577597.png

1648441603673.png

1648441632609.png

1648441650602.png

you marry a white girl, so you white mom can teach the recipes her mexican mother in law taught her
1648441718945.png

1648441754775.png

Last edited:
Thanks. I will have to give it a try soon.

Glad you made it another thread also.
Same.
Mexican rice is one of those deals I have never had at home that was even close to the worst Mexican food places I have been.
Beans fall in that category too.

Tell her great white girl outfit for cooking Mexican food :flipoff2:

I’m going to try this tonight. Got a few things going on the grill stack of fresh tortillas and some refried beans from the freezer

Our recipe

We tried about 15 versions of this stuff to try and get something similar to the Mexican restaurants.

We do it in the insta pot. This is the insta pot recipe. You can sauté in the bottom of the insta pot but we do it in larger pan so it goes quicker. Then dump it into the ista pot’s pan.

1 1/2 cup long white rice
1/4 cup oil

1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 medium onion finely diced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 teaspoons tomato bullion (the kind that has a chicken on the label.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chicken broth/stock
Optional
Finely chopped carrot

Wash and drain rice put oil and rice in pan and sauté until golden brown.

Mix in tomato sauce, chicken broth, garlic, tomato bullion, broth and carrot. Make sure bullion dissolves.

Cook on high pressure manual for 3 mins for firmer rice 4 mins if you like it softer let it naturally release fluff with fork and enjoy.

Me and my kids will devour this stuff. Best recipe imo so far.

Last edited:
Have to try this soon, thank you both for posting recipes.

Our recipe

We tried about 15 versions of this stuff to try and get something similar to the Mexican restaurants.

We do it in the insta pot. This is the insta pot recipe. You can sauté in the bottom of the insta pot but we do it in larger pan so it goes quicker. Then dump it into the ista pot’s pan.

1 1/2 cup long white rice
1/4 cup oil

1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 medium onion finely diced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 teaspoons tomato bullion (the kind that has a chicken on the label.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chicken broth/stock
Optional
Finely chopped carrot

Wash and drain rice put oil and rice in pan and sauté until golden brown.

Mix in tomato sauce, chicken broth, garlic, tomato bullion, broth and carrot. Make sure bullion dissolves.

Cook on high pressure manual for 3 mins for firmer rice 4 mins if you like it softer let it naturally release fluff with fork and enjoy.

Me and my kids will devour this stuff. Best recipe imo so far.
I made this tonight. It took much longer than I expected to brown the rice in the Instant Pot, but I should have known this.

Tell your mom some stranger from the internet said thinks for the recipe. Tell your wife, or whoever wrote the last part, thanks for that too.
To you I say thanks for the photos. It came out exactly like the pictures. I’m no chef and this recipe was as easy as following the instructions. I just edited 6 Tbsp as 1/3 cup. It’s 1 Tbsp shy of the recipe and I didn’t want to measure 6 times.

Top Back Refresh