What's new

** Meme **

Also, anyone who uses a pickle fork is a tard. I've separated thousands of em with just a hammer. If it's a bitch, a little lube and heat will take care of it. Why tear the shit outta everything with one of those evil tools?
Always some moron from Commiefornia who thinks everywhere is like his desert shithole. :laughing:

42558659-1616-4BA6-81E3-25C545111920.jpeg

Always some moron from Commiefornia who thinks everywhere is like his desert shithole. :laughing:
I'm in Canuckistan and to be honest, I haven't ever used a pickle fork for separating either unless I'm scrapping the parts. Ball joint separator and a hammer and some heat have always taken care of business.

I'm in Canuckistan and to be honest, I haven't ever used a pickle fork for separating either unless I'm scrapping the parts. Ball joint separator and a hammer and some heat have always taken care of business.
Yeah I just use a tie rod separator 99% of the time.

But saying you can just hit it with a hammer is pure stupidity. You would destroy the threads even with the nut on there.

But saying you can just hit it with a hammer is pure stupidity. You would destroy the threads even with the nut on there.

Dunno about why you are separating it, but for me it is to either replace or upgrade, so who cares if I fuckle up the threads a bit? The trash barrel aint gonna complain. I have a tie rod separator that I rarely use. The pickle fork is for when it really dont wanna come apart and I double up extraction systems.

Dunno about why you are separating it, but for me it is to either replace or upgrade, so who cares if I fuckle up the threads a bit? The trash barrel aint gonna complain. I have a tie rod separator that I rarely use. The pickle fork is for when it really dont wanna come apart and I double up extraction systems.

If you only wrench on a hobby jeep that's fine but when my shitbox needs a control arm I'm not gonna make more work for myself by replacing the ball joint as well.

You numb nut, you strike the knuckle where the tie rod goes into with a hammer and the tie rod pops right out, you don't strike the threaded post of the tie rod.

Also, anyone who uses a pickle fork is a tard. I've separated thousands of em with just a hammer. If it's a bitch, a little lube and heat will take care of it. Why tear the shit outta everything with one of those evil tools?
this
3lb hammer is the best tool for a huge number of things

to those that don't get it: you smack the knuckle, hard, not the stud
gravity is enough to drop the tie rod out

You numb nut, you strike the knuckle where the tie rod goes into with a hammer and the tie rod pops right out, you don't strike the threaded post of the tie rod.
:shaking:

No shit you hit the knuckle. But even then it doesn't "just pop out" unless someone had it out last week or someone put anti-sieze on it.

You can definitely get small economy car stuff out with a couple good hits on the knuckle and then a decently light tap on the stud. Bigger stuff tends to put up a fight. None of it just falls out unless someone didn't torque it last time.

No shit you hit the knuckle. But even then it doesn't "just pop out" unless someone had it out last week or someone put anti-sieze on it.

You can definitely get small economy car stuff out with a couple good hits on the knuckle and then a decently light tap on the stud. Bigger stuff tends to put up a fight. None of it just falls out unless someone didn't torque it last time.
100% they all pop out
you just aren't hitting it hard enough if they don't fall apart on their own

I'm trying to remember if I've ever ran into any ball joints that are tensioned together by the bushings and I can't think of one, usually they spring apart real hard when you pop them loose

so what you are saying is you have a tiny hammer and spaghetti arms? :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh