What's new

** Meme **

Me around 1969 ☝🏻
(but my hair was longer)
If it was summer and I was out of school, that would have been right on track.

Fresh shave for the summer and out of the house at dawn, and better be home by the streetlights for dinner.

And somehow the neighborhood network would get the word out that your mom wants you.

If it was summer and I was out of school, that would have been right on track.

Fresh shave for the summer and out of the house at dawn, and better be home by the streetlights for dinner.

And somehow the neighborhood network would get the word out that your mom wants you.
A brother from another mother , I have a feeling we would enjoy a cold one and bs about the olden days. cheers .

out of the house at dawn, and better be home by the streetlights for dinner.

I can’t ever remember eating lunch back then. I’m sure wherever we were playing someone’s mom made PB&Js for us though. That neighborhood network was scary 😟

My uncle would whistle (with his mouth, not a coaches whistle), and that meant stop what you are doing immediately and come find me. It was a really distinct high pitch to low pitch whistle.

One year at the county fair we were at least 3/4 of a mile from him playing at the carnival with all the noise and we could still hear it.

I can’t ever remember eating lunch back then. I’m sure wherever we were playing someone’s mom made PB&Js for us though. That neighborhood network was scary 😟
Never really thought about it, but ya for sure we ate somewhere.
and drank out of the hose.
coldest water ever.

My uncle would whistle (with his mouth, not a coaches whistle), and that meant stop what you are doing immediately and come find me. It was a really distinct high pitch to low pitch whistle.

One year at the county fair we were at least 3/4 of a mile from him playing at the carnival with all the noise and we could still hear it.
I have the curled tongue no finger whistle, the wife and kid will stop in their tracks and start looking for me as soon as it goes off.

Very few places we've been that drowns out the whistle.

OK nothing to add, I'll stop fucking up the MEME thread

1618792497362.png

My uncle would whistle (with his mouth, not a coaches whistle), and that meant stop what you are doing immediately and come find me. It was a really distinct high pitch to low pitch whistle
heh my mom had us trained to stop and look or come over when we heard her snapping her fingers, like a dog or something lol

she did it a couple years back again when we were all in the same place and sure enough, it still works on two dogs in their late-twenties

Top Back Refresh