What's new

Maverick Sport

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
Anyone have any experience with the Maverick Sport? Depending on how things look economy wise in the spring (if construction is still moving in our market area and I’m not in full “don’t spend money” mode) I’m considering selling my 4 seat commander and getting 2- 2 seat maverick sports. My wife doesn’t care to ride along anymore and our daughter will be 16 next year which is old enough to drive her own machine on trails in Wisconsin. Plus if any of the other kids want to go along some weekend and drive their own machine they can.

I‘m partial to can am because I’ve had great luck with BRP products (over a half dozen snowmobiles and 3 sxs’s) and have a local dealer that is good to work with and has a decent service dept. I know there’s other good brands but I’m stubborn. :flipoff2:

Anyone have any experience with the Maverick Sport? Depending on how things look economy wise in the spring (if construction is still moving in our market area and I’m not in full “don’t spend money” mode) I’m considering selling my 4 seat commander and getting 2- 2 seat maverick sports. My wife doesn’t care to ride along anymore and our daughter will be 16 next year which is old enough to drive her own machine on trails in Wisconsin. Plus if any of the other kids want to go along some weekend and drive their own machine they can.

I‘m partial to can am because I’ve had great luck with BRP products (over a half dozen snowmobiles and 3 sxs’s) and have a local dealer that is good to work with and has a decent service dept. I know there’s other good brands but I’m stubborn. :flipoff2:
No Sport but we bought a '18 800 DPS trail new and it's been great. We don't beat on it though.
They are LOONG and much tighter than a usual machine but the width is plus to me, the length makes for awesome approach/departure angles but does effect turn radius etc.

Good to know. I’m used to long machines because our last three have been 4-seaters.

listen to me now

FUCKING GARBAGE JUNK

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STRONGLY WARNING YOU !!!!!

100% shit in every way

DO NOT CONSIDER AT ALL EVER

I hate everything about them and am still pissed off at the member that recommended me one here on this board.

I bought 2 of them, worst shit I have ever bought, both of them.

I own over 20 SxS now

They are such shit it is hard to believe it is not rebranded Chinese shit.

Seriously if you buy one you are the dumbest fuck around as a guy who owns almost everyone made is telling you what shit garbage junk crap shithole sewer trash they are, I fucking hate them and am embarrassed when I send the last working one (out of 2) I have out.

Hot, noisy, shit design, shit oil filter location, shit fucking thermostat location, shit engine, shit axles, shit FUCKING WATERPUMP drive shaft which snaps randomity with no warning and for no reason.

Horrible doors, horrible handles, ect ect ect...

I own over 20 SxS now

They are such shit it is hard to believe it is not rebranded Chinese shit.

Seriously if you buy one you are the dumbest fuck around as a guy who owns almost everyone made is telling you what shit garbage junk crap shithole sewer trash they are, I fucking hate them and am embarrassed when I send the last working one (out of 2) I have out.

Hot, noisy, shit design, shit oil filter location, shit fucking thermostat location, shit engine, shit axles, shit FUCKING WATERPUMP drive shaft which snaps randomity with no warning and for no reason.

Horrible doors, horrible handles, ect ect ect...
Well there is a glowing review:lmao:

Well that’s pretty clear and straight forward. :laughing: That’s disappointing to hear because they check off a lot of boxes for me.

Are you running rzr’s and x3’s?

He ain't wrong about oil filter location. I just change the filter every other time :shaking:.
I thought bad maintenance access was a SXS requirement.

He ain't wrong about oil filter location. I just change the filter every other time :shaking:.
I thought bad maintenance access was a SXS requirement.
When you own a bunch like I do the differences really stand out.

The X3's have the same filter but it is pointing up and off to the side of the machine.

It can easily be changed and does not spill a drop of oil

I decided on a new commander xt-p 2-seat. It comes with 30” tires on bead lock rims and a Fox suspension. I wasn’t planning on buying yet but my dealer gave me a great deal on a demo unit with 500 miles. I have my ‘21 4-seat with 2200 miles listed for $21,500 and haven’t had any serious interest yet. This spring I could have easily sold it for $25k. :shaking:

Instead of giving it away I’ll probably just keep the 4-seat as a cruiser.

I'm late to the party but I have a '21 Maverick Sport XXC and aside from what the dealership fucked up when they installed the winch and the dash heater, I haven't had any problems with it, and it has about 1700 miles on it now. Ride in Hatfield and a bunch of private property. The rear axles started clicking at like 250 miles but not given me any problems. The one thing that I did have to fix from the factory was the driveshaft had been assembled WAY... like perfectly 90 degrees, out of phase. To get to it I had to drop the belly skid and pull it out, slide it back together in the correct phase, and then reinstall it.

So yea, I can see as a rental fleet owner something like that would really make you mad. If I had access to a better dealer, it would have been covered under Warranty but Virginia Power Motorsports in Ruckersville where I bought it, couldn't even cut a heater hose correctly to splice the heater in and then installed a panel over the hose which pinched it shut and then couldn't figure out why the machine was overheating. They handed me a bottle of coolant and said, we couldn't get it to burp all the air and it keeps overheating, keep topping it off...

The machine, aside from the driveshaft issue, has been pretty good to me. Fun as shit to drive and great turning radius.

The XTP you bought is a very similar platform.

I decided on a new commander xt-p 2-seat. It comes with 30” tires on bead lock rims and a Fox suspension. I wasn’t planning on buying yet but my dealer gave me a great deal on a demo unit with 500 miles. I have my ‘21 4-seat with 2200 miles listed for $21,500 and haven’t had any serious interest yet. This spring I could have easily sold it for $25k. :shaking:

Instead of giving it away I’ll probably just keep the 4-seat as a cruiser.
The wife and I are looking at something like that for "our" machine, keep the 50" for the kids or when we go moto trail riding together.

Top Back Refresh