What's new

Masks full of bacteria, parasites and fungi... Who would have thought?

Mikel

Member Number
Loc
Conn

A group of parents in Gainesville, FL, sent 6 face masks to a lab at the University of Florida, requesting an analysis of contaminants found on the masks after they had been worn. The resulting report found that five masks were contaminated with bacteria, parasites, and fungi, including three with dangerous pathogenic and pneumonia-causing bacteria. Although the test is capable of detecting viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, only one virus was found on one mask (alcelaphine herpesvirus 1).

The analysis detected the following 11 dangerous pathogens on the masks:

• Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumonia)
  • Mycobacterium tuberculosis (tuberculosis)
  • Neisseria meningitidis (meningitis, sepsis)
  • Acanthamoeba polyphaga (keratitis and granulomatous amebic encephalitis)
  • Acinetobacter baumanni (pneumonia, blood stream infections, meningitis, UTIs—resistant to antibiotics)
  • Escherichia coli (food poisoning)
  • Borrelia burgdorferi (causes Lyme disease)
  • Corynebacterium diphtheriae (diphtheria)
  • Legionella pneumophila (Legionnaires’ disease)
  • Staphylococcus pyogenes serotype M3 (severe infections—high morbidity rates)
  • Staphylococcus aureus (meningitis, sepsis)

Half of the masks were contaminated with one or more strains of pneumonia-causing bacteria. One-third were contaminated with one or more strains of meningitis-causing bacteria. One-third were contaminated with dangerous, antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. In addition, less dangerous pathogens were identified, including pathogens that can cause fever, ulcers, acne, yeast infections, strep throat, periodontal disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and more.

I saw an article that was boasting about how wearing a mask helps to keep your lungs hydrated.

Uhhh... they have been doing that for how many centuries without the assistance of masks? Also, too much hydration sounds a lot like pneumonia :laughing::homer:

There was a story about a woman dying of covid19 and none of the "standard" treatments were working. The doctors were convinced its was covid.

One Doctor tested and realized she had legionnaires disease.....which was a result of her mask.

Started the correct treatment and was sent home 2 days later.

I wonder just how many people were made sick from the mask?

The argument you always hear is "But doctors and surgeons use them!"

There is no doubt that properly used and maintained facemasks have their place. But surgeons throw them away immediately and never touch them.

The average covid mask user touches his mask a thousand times and keeps it until it falls apart. That all kinds of life forms grow on those, right in front of our respiratory system, should not surprise anyone.

The argument you always hear is "But doctors and surgeons use them!"

There is no doubt that properly used and maintained facemasks have their place. But surgeons throw them away immediately and never touch them.

The average covid mask user touches his mask a thousand times and keeps it until it falls apart. That all kinds of life forms grow on those, right in front of our respiratory system, should not surprise anyone.
I have been making the argument you mask is making you sicker as well as you mask is making me sicker for a long time now. If people are dump enough to wear a face diaper then if they get sick and die from it, such is life.

There was a story about a woman dying of covid19 and none of the "standard" treatments were working. The doctors were convinced its was covid.

One Doctor tested and realized she had legionnaires disease.....which was a result of her mask.

Started the correct treatment and was sent home 2 days later.

I wonder just how many people were made sick from the mask?
I wonder how many have died due to the hospitals wanting a patient to have the rona but it was actually something else

Sheeple
image_58454.jpg

Hmm, no wonder I just use disposable ones until I touch it and then it's a fresh one....

Screw the environment and protect me at the same time lol

There's a reason why you have to have special training and use certain cleaning procedures when using respirators normally. This whole ordeal is a great example of trying to solve one problem and not looking at the other hazards it could be creating.

I saw an article that was boasting about how wearing a mask helps to keep your lungs hydrated.

Uhhh... they have been doing that for how many centuries without the assistance of masks? Also, too much hydration sounds a lot like pneumonia :laughing::homer:
If they think masks help keep their lungs hydrated they should take a deep breath underwater.

A new study from the National Institutes of Health is suggesting yet another reason why wearing a mask works. Not only are face coverings effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, but masks may also lower the severity of the virus.

Researchers in the NIH’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) are saying that the increase in humidity in the air that the mask-wearer breathes in could help explain why wearing masks has been linked to lower disease severity in people infected with COVID-19, because hydration of the respiratory tract is known to benefit the immune system.

The study, published in the Biophysical Journal, tested an N95 mask, a three-ply disposable surgical mask, a two-ply cotton-polyester mask and a heavy cotton mask, measuring the level of humidity by having a volunteer breathe into a sealed steel box. When the person did not wear a mask, the water vapour of the exhaled breath filled the box, leading to a rapid increase in humidity inside the box. When the person wore a mask, the buildup of humidity inside the box greatly decreased as most of the water vapour remained in the mask, became condensed, and was re-inhaled. The researchers conducted the tests at three different temperatures ranging from 7 to 36 degrees Celsius.

“We found that face masks strongly increase the humidity in inhaled air and propose that the resulting hydration of the respiratory tract could be responsible for the documented finding that links lower COVID-19 disease severity to wearing a mask,” said Adriaan Bax, Ph.D., a NIH Distinguished Investigator and the study’s lead author. “High levels of humidity have been shown to mitigate severity of the flu, and it may be applicable to severity of COVID-19 through a similar mechanism.”

The thick cotton masks actually had the largest increase in humidity, but all four masks that were tested raised the humidity levels to some degree. The humidity levels especially increased when tested at lower temperatures.
:homer::clown::clown::clown:

Where's that video of a Dr in India digging several inches deep into a patient's ear, before extracting a 2.5" long cockroach :eek:

Where's that video of a Dr in India digging several inches deep into a patient's ear, before extracting a 2.5" long cockroach :eek:
what does that have to do with anything? go back to sleep

Because the virus doesn't live outside of the body for more than a few hours?
So it's ok to kill people for a few hours?
Hell, if I'm not wearing a mask and coughing up covid in a store for just a few hours, that's ok then.
Throw away all the sanitizer, folks, because it's only there for a few hours.

Hell, if I'm not wearing a mask and coughing up covid in a store for just a few hours, that's ok then.
Its less than a few hours from what I have heard. A few hours in perfect conditions for the virus might be close. Also trapping the virus particles against a cloth mask and letting them incubate at the entrance to your respiratory systems is asking for problems. Only way masks work if proper mask being used by sock people and then only following mask protocol. No one does this at all so I say not wearing a mask reduces your chance of getting covid vs wearing the same fucking mask or 3 all day. Everyone I know that legitimately has had the vid had to wear masks for work. All wore masks as directed. 3 out of 4 cant smell for shit now and the 4th has about 50% smell back. #masklife.

Well now we all know who was wearing a mask while driving their car by themselves…

Well now we all know who was wearing a mask while driving their car by themselves…

The typical Californian dog-walking female... wearing a mask with her dog violating social distance guidelines all the while. Unbelievable. :cool2:

I haven't worn a mask unless I was on an airplane. The Hawaii flight sucked dick, but if you turn the air vent just right it blows right into your mask and keeps it dry :lmao:

I quit smoking about a year before all this shit hit the news. I should be high risk. I had it and felt like I may be getting bronchitis for 2 days, then fine since. I only know I had it because it showed up in an antibody test (I'm O-, they call a lot).

Meanwhile my coworker hacked up his lungs for 3 months, while wearing the same cloth mask day after day. He sprays it with Lysol every night because "kills 99% of germs":laughing:
He also got vaccinated, and had to take 3 weeks off work as the was deathly ill.

We've had a couple more pop positive, no masks, no symptoms, negative within a week.

Whenever I tell people your immune system is designed to be exercised and used they get all upset.
My wife opened her first daycare 12 years ago. We were both sick constantly for a couple years. Now we barely get the sniffles. I have called in to work 3 days in the last 5 years. Luckily enough we live in a somewhat free state and private business could figure out what they wanted. She did masks for a week, watched what happened, and felt it was stupid and impossible to keep them clean. No masks for employees or kids since, and they've had more than one kid test positive without anyone else getting sick.

Half ass related... Girl at a store got some bad "maskne" from her mask, you could see it around the mask. Finally saw her without a mask again, I dont think the damage can be undone, poor girl.

Top Back Refresh