What's new

Manual brake cyl and caliper selection.

total newb

senior jerk ass
Member Number
Loc
trinity center ca
Gathering up stuff for totalgirlfriends cj5 build. I need to pick a manual brake cyl and calipers.

Gona use the d52 calipers 10b/d44 common fare setup. I know they came in a couple/few piston sizes and to date its never mattered to me. But this is wholey new ground.

I have
d44/14bff with standard rotors
6:1 pedal assembly
37" h1 tires
5.13 gears
sbc/465/203/205

I dont really know and am having a finding the specific sizes of the calipers.
i want to say 2-13/16 and 3-1/8.

i also dont even know where to start for master size.

I need the measurement before i run to billavistas calculator

Good luck making anything work properly with a 6:1 pedal.

So just for info

73 k10 d52.......2.81"
91 k2500 d52....3.03"

I was planning to use billas calc but needed the measurements to play with.

I ran the loongest pedal CNC brake years ago and it was like 12 :1 ratio. GM rear brakes and 7/8" MC worked decent but not as well as power assist brakes that's for sure.

Not sure on the ratio, but both my masters are 7/8s, with four piston Toyota calipers.

F2BB95E3-0452-4DC8-AEE3-4476B33ADBC1.jpeg

Would you mind measuring the ratio and the throw you end up with, when you have time ? Thanks

I have the same calipers in the rear, 10:1 pedal, 7/8 master. I have a separate pedal for the fronts, wilwood calipers, 3/4 master

Was thinking the same omg holy shit.
seemed way more than i remembered. Reading back through billavusta artical. His in for says 6-7:1 for manual brakes which is what i recalled.

Was thinking the same omg holy shit.
seemed way more than i remembered. Reading back through billavusta artical. His in for says 6-7:1 for manual brakes which is what i recalled.

I am probably not recalling the ratio right, the pedals are 14" long

Top Back Refresh