What's new

Maine Bound!

I’ve done 95 many times between Rhode Island and New Jersey when I was in college.

Jealous. I will live in Maine at least part-time sometime in the next 10 years.

If want a different route than 95 come up 84 and head northeast into CT. I'm in Cornwall and have lots of room for your camper and trailer if you want to crash for the night. Have my own little private campground on 30 acres and you're welcome to crash for a night or two.

My state is also turning into an overpriced shit hole so I certainly understand the desire to move out.
I love Maine from April-October, not sure how I would like it year round, and I live in CO. Coldest I've ever been was giving some training in a quarry in Maine in February a few years ago.

Beautiful home! Congratulations!

Hope you like winter, though. :laughing:

If you decide to run I-80 through Pennsylvania we can hook you up with a dinner and drink. :smokin:

Thanks for crossing Utah off the list. The prices of homes are being driven into the stratosphere by kalifornacan people coming here with pockets full of cash.
My sister just sold her 1975 vintage house in Diamond Bar for $1.1mil. They bought it in 1995 for $275k. I told her to stay there.

Also, looking at the land in the those pictures, buy a tractor. :grinpimp:

The cross-Bronx will be absolute hell with that setup and you'll pay out the ass in tolls.

Just do 81N from Hershey to 84 as said above, or at very least 78-287-Tappan Zee to 95.

Even in a plain ol' car I will gladly go an hour out of my way to avoid the cross bronx, but usually that hour ends up being a net time savings.
That whole area is just so depressing to drive through.

The buildings are still stained grey from smog and exhaust from back in the 70s.

Nice place.

That whole area looks like sand. I would not expect to grow much of anything in those fields.

I just found your place on google maps. Looks like you're surrounded by sand pits. Probably owned by the seller of your place.

Congrats. Nice place. I grew up in Bath on the coast and attended UMaine in Orono (just North of Bangher). Spent a lot of time between Bangor and Bar Harbor during my college days. Your new location is about a rural as you can get.

North of Rt 9 is a huge swath of unincorporated land larger than the state of RI that used to be owned by the paper companies. Might still be owned by the paper companies. Further North there are even larger swaths of unincorporated private land. Back in the day pretty much all of this land was open to recreation.

Maine Mountains Jeep Jamboree is not really "local". Its a solid 3 hour drive. Deep Woods Extreme is based out of mid-state NH which is even further. If you want to get in on some local wheeling then check out Penobscot Valley 4 Wheel Drive. There will be no shortage of local spots to wheel where you are going.

Sadly ME is currently run by a bunch of Libtards who are at least as dumb as the idiots running CA.

Maine also has quite a few Somalian communities.

But yea, good luck on the private land further North. I'm all done taking my dual sport up there. All private roads with no trespassing signs throwing me back onto RT9 and RT1.

Beautiful place - as for the self pick apple orchard - I don't know that I'd spend half a million on a place in the country only to invite the city folk out to it.

Nice place.

That whole area looks like sand. I would not expect to grow much of anything in those fields.

I just found your place on google maps. Looks like you're surrounded by sand pits. Probably owned by the seller of your place.
Every spring he can grow rocks. If he keeps at it for 30yr he'll have enough for a wall.

But yea, good luck on the private land further North. I'm all done taking my dual sport up there. All private roads with no trespassing signs throwing me back onto RT9 and RT1.
That sucks.

That sucks.
I ended up riding by the coast then inland/north to Madawaska. It was nice, but very limited when it came to exploring. Pavement almost the whole way. Every time I road a mile down a dirt road, I was forced to turn around.

I did do one dirt road for about an hour. Spit me out on that Airline Route or whatever it was called. No joke, I was getting passed by fully loaded semis. These guys were moving.

Go jump out of a plane with my brother in Lebanon.

There will be no shortage of local spots to wheel where you are going.
But keep in mind that a great many of these may be private land that isn't gated and the owner doesn't really care as long as there's no trash, no mess to the land and it doesn't become a well known high traffic spot. It is not like Commiefornia wheeling. Do not treat it like commiefornia wheeling. Don't be that guy who gets the power line road that was operated on a don't ask don't tell bases shut down with gates because you couldn't resist taking your shit with open headers through there.

Absolutely do not go blabbing off about where you wheel on the public internet unless you know 100% it is a public place. Even then you should STFU or it will be overrun and go from public access to gates and hiking only.

When i read the op it reads just like the introduction to a horror movie.... the picture perfect family moves across country to thier new house they bought sight unseen.... only the locals know why it hadnt aold for the last year
Because of the rape ghost's? :laughing:

You overpaid on a house that sat listed for almost a year.... thereby continuing the rise in housing for the non Cali (locals)!!!
You’ve already fkd Maine, Cali style and your not even there yet..... neighbors are already cussing you!!!!

:flipoff2:

Congratulations and good luck on your trip!!!!

I’ll counter offer at tree fiddy to save you the drive! :flipoff2:

killer setup. Keep us updated on moving pics. If you don’t mind me asking, age range of parents and kids?

A ton of private land has been posted in the last couple years due to the increased rate of side by sides and careless people who tear up the property. CMP the local power company made all of their powerlines private property, unless there is a clearly marked trail on it 8-10 years ago if I remember correctly. They started fining people for trespassing, the restoration by a DEP approved contractor, and having police seize the vehicle until fees were paid.

The number of people who don't respect others property has caused a lot of this. I am dealing with a "neighbor" a mile down the road that tore up the snowmobile trail with his brand new 4 seater sxs. He even cut down some 4"-6" trees to turn around once he was stuck. If he didn't deny it, and me having to show him the game cam pics of him entering the property where its clearly marked no motorized vehicles except snowmobiles. He can now deal with the game wardens, I tried to be civil, but was told to F off.

There are plenty of trails up North, the State has a list of old rail beds to ride on from area to area. I use to ride sleds from Belfast to Newport, get on the rail bed to Dexter area, then then head to Greenville for the weekend. Took 8-9 hours one way mostly due to the small windy local trails, but once you hit the bigger trails it was easy going. Also most logging roads allow sxs traffic, you just want to yield to the trucks as they will not move, and they are good at making you realize they own the roads.

Also most logging roads allow sxs traffic, you just want to yield to the trucks as they will not move, and they are good at making you realize they own the roads.
This isn't the first time I've read this. When I was on my ride to Madawaska, I was on a logging road for about an hour. They pulled off to the side to let me pass, gave me a wave, and that sort of thing. Perhaps I just caught them on a good day.

Also, looking at the land in the those pictures, buy a tractor. :grinpimp:
Oh yeah. That’s high on the priority list. Good sized tractor with a bucket, a plow, and a brush hog for starters. Probably a box blade at some point as well to maintain the gravel driveway.

Top Back Refresh