What's new

Mail in Ballots

Baconator

Member Number
Someone explain to me what the issue with mail in Ballots is?
Ive voted for 6 presidential races now, and not once in person. Have I been defrauded this entire time?

Ive voted for 6 presidential races now, and not once in person. Have I been defrauded this entire time?

How do you know you haven't?

Have you been under a rock the last 30 somthing years? Mail in ballot fraud has been an issue for years and years and years and years and years....

Last edited:

Absentee ballot: You knew you were going to be unable to vote in person, you request a mail in ballot.

Mail in voting: They mail ballots to everyone that is registered to vote on the registrar. I think the press secretary said today, there is 117% of LA county residents registered to vote.

It would be wide spread voter fraud. I know the states that have tried it, it has not worked we (as of late, I know Oregon has been doing it forever.)

50 states + 1 district + 1 island + USPS = :nuke:

¿comprendo?

Absentee ballot: You knew you were going to be unable to vote in person, you request a mail in ballot.

Mail in voting: They mail ballots to everyone that is registered to vote on the registrar. I think the press secretary said today, there is 117% of LA county residents registered to vote.

It would be wide spread voter fraud. I know the states that have tried it, it has not worked we (as of late, I know Oregon has been doing it forever.)
^^^^^
This.

Add in issues with them getting mailed in and it is ripe with fraud.

I'd be a little more open to mail in voting if there was a VERY rigorous cleanup of the voter roles.

OTOH, if someone is too lazy to get off their ass and vote, I'd rather they not vote.:homer:

There was a lawyer on TV talking about this yesterday. At a minimum 1 in 5 mail in votes won’t be counted. Is that enough to sway an election?

It adds many multiple layers of possible human error to a system that should be as simple and error free as possible. Do you trust the voter rolls to send out everything to correct addresses? Do you trust the post office to deliver the ballots to your door? Do you trust that everyone gets and fills out their own ballot? Do you Trust a public union run enterprise to deliver your ballot on time without losing, mangling or "misplacing" it. Do you trust that it will be counted when it gets there or thrown out due to signature issues? Do you trust that the polling place will even have the man power to open and process the influx of ballots? So many questions and potential problems added to an already fragile system.

There was a lawyer on TV talking about this yesterday. At a minimum 1 in 5 mail in votes won’t be counted. Is that enough to sway an election?

They had 83,000 "invalid" mail in votes in one precinct in the recent NY primary. Trump won Michigan and Pennsylvania by less than that.

We definitely won't know the results that night, probably not the next day, maybe not even the next week, the possibility we won't know the next month. And by the time the courts get done with it...more:nuke:

capiche?

50 states + 1 district + 1 island + USPS = :nuke:

¿comprendo?

Each post office would work like a individual polling place. All ballots would not be mailed to the post office in DC to be tallied.

at least if they want it to work, even a little bit, that’s what will happen.

Each post office would work like a individual polling place. All ballots would not be mailed to the post office in DC to be tallied.

at least if they want it to work, even a little bit, that’s what will happen.

That should work great since they have closed a bunch down.

Top Back Refresh