What's new

Machined accessories that are lacking?

Can you spline axle shafts? IDK what the sxs market is like for aftermarket shafts, buy the CV complete and add your own 4340/300m shafts?

Doublers for cheap fucks who haven't caught toyota?

1356-doubler-012-jpg.565519

The shaft is the hard part for backyard Joe.

Lacking the equipment to make gearzzzzzz. :(
There are quite a few contract manufacturers in the US for making the gears. I work at one, there are 2 more next door, and we have a few sister companies spread around that specialize in different types of gears. I know there are a bunch more all over too.

Off topic to you, but I've always thought about trying to undercut the Lowmax gears on price. I've never gotten around to buying a dana300 or NP 205 to take apart and measure though.

Doublers for cheap fucks who haven't caught toyota?

1356-doubler-012-jpg.565519

The shaft is the hard part for backyard Joe.
:lmao:
RBV people are too cheap/poor to make nice parts for.

I bought one of DD’s doublers, paid $50 to have the case welded, used it for 2 years then sold it, Guy beat me down to a little more than I paid for the bare kit, In the end it was worth not having to relist it & deal with more cheap ass RBV persons. :flipoff2:

For every thousand people that say they want one 10 might cough up the cash.

I wonder how chealthrillsb2’s cobbled shaft held up? IIRC it was two stock shafts smashed together with pins keeping them from spinning.

I wonder how chealthrillsb2’s cobbled shaft held up? IIRC it was two stock shafts smashed together with pins keeping them from spinning.
That should be the kind of thing that's really easy to simulate and then optimize the pin situation for strength.

:lmao:
RBV people are too cheap/poor to make nice parts for.

I bought one of DD’s doublers, paid $50 to have the case welded, used it for 2 years then sold it, Guy beat me down to a little more than I paid for the bare kit, In the end it was worth not having to relist it & deal with more cheap ass RBV persons. :flipoff2:

For every thousand people that say they want one 10 might cough up the cash.

1356 is fool size :mr-t:

1354/50 was the RBV one.

An economical 1356/205 doubler would be on my list of shit to want to buy but never actually buy, because cheap RBV person :flipoff2:

1356 is fool size :mr-t:

1354/50 was the RBV one.

An economical 1356/205 doubler would be on my list of shit to want to buy but never actually buy, because cheap RBV person :flipoff2:
I would love to see a kit for an RBV -> fullsize doubler.

I would love to see a kit for an RBV -> fullsize doubler.
Why? If you're still RBV drivetrain, the RBV transfer case is plenty strong enough and actually fits. My whole drivetrain is cocked to fit the 208 I have with my 351, which is still smaller than a 1356. A 205 is the only thing that fits reasonably well, but had shit gearing and its strength isn't needed behind a 4.0.

DD Machine did a 1356/1354 doubler in the day I think, for fitting a transfer case in the RBV frame with a motor swap.

Because it makes a 4R100 equipped superduty rolling chassis (or any other solid axle fullsize ford) a 1-stop shop to build your RBV.

You get axles, use your own case for the doubler donor, driveshafts just need to be shortened. A little fab work for the axles and you're done.

If one wanted to offer spline counts other than 31 then that would open up 5R110 superduties and beyond.

Frame is fairly simple fabrication to do a bump out.

Edit: I guess this would fuck the speedo though.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh