M715 from stock to Ultimate Adventure ready

8BF75FAF-B311-4AB8-B895-11B403E1E568.jpeg
3A16E68A-1920-4AB3-91A0-65A20BDE5653.jpeg
0B7AB172-1138-4EE3-9B7B-590A16D709CE.jpeg
969B822F-D954-4AC7-B61D-A699242D0E4E.jpeg
487030C3-8F9F-4FCA-9C36-0810ADFDB5DA.jpeg
AC669904-AECA-4FCE-864C-B256F76B0A30.jpeg
so did the engine skid get used?

got any more pics of the tcase to magnum mounting. i think i see how you did it. but....
It did get used. No hard hits yet

Basically some tabs to the frame to those poly bushings

holly chit over kill, gave me some things to think about, my magnum just shipped yesterday, i was all on board with just using the mount they provided, but now i see this magic and am like holy cow awesome ness....

this would be a perfect spot to 3d print a bushing, it could be 4 inches tall one on each side.

1667484216351.png

1667484264775.png
If it was a married case I probably would just use the provided mount, being a divorce case and me not knowing what Im doing..... overkill seemed like the way to go. few thousand miles in and quite a bit of wheeling and its still hanging in there and not leaking at pto cover.

That is quite a transformation - great work!

:smokin:Rig man, I can't imagine wheeling in a full size... I've always wheeled in jeeps and yotas.... Awesome thread/fab/build.:grinpimp:

Totslly badass rig man!!!

How does that style steering work out for you? It looks like maybe the tie rod and drag link would bind when the driver tire gets stuffed? Did you double shear the pass. side knuckle?? It's hard to tell...

great rig, i followed along on IG and through the UA.

thanks for taking the time to keep this forum alive with great tech

Totslly badass rig man!!!

How does that style steering work out for you? It looks like maybe the tie rod and drag link would bind when the driver tire gets stuffed? Did you double shear the pass. side knuckle?? It's hard to tell...
It is double shear on the passenger side. It has great road manners, hasn’t destroyed itself off road. Drag link is bent forward and up like newer jeeps so they clear each other, Cant really tell in the pictures.

The weld on high steer arms wouldn’t work with leaf springs, theres a couple high steer knuckle options to go above the spring but that would put the drag link into the frame…. What you see is what I ended up with, so far so good.

It is double shear on the passenger side. It has great road manners, hasn’t destroyed itself off road. Drag link is bent forward and up like newer jeeps so they clear each other, Cant really tell in the pictures.

The weld on high steer arms wouldn’t work with leaf springs, theres a couple high steer knuckle options to go above the spring but that would put the drag link into the frame…. What you see is what I ended up with, so far so good.
More pics of the knuckle and drag link/tie rod might help me figure out what i'm doing with my build, cheers

Fast forward a bit, the powertrain is mounted, the trans crossmember doubles as a front driveshaft carrier bearing mount, which is due to the divorce case. On the other hand, having the t case further back does help keep the rear driveshaft short and tucked up out of the way, the front shaft stays out of harms way with the help of the carrier bearing. Got some wheels and put the most awesome mock up tires ever on them and I had a roller.
180F8DCF-20FF-4A0B-921C-7977505FA069.jpeg
3EB64E5A-7999-4CA6-A012-FE81A0E1BD6C.jpeg
196FF5F4-21F9-47DA-AC18-9CB7BF658C91.jpeg
4E1F9209-89E9-4120-8448-D0C5ECBEFEAD.jpeg
Have any more pics of the carrier bearing and mid shaft assembly? Did you use off the shelf parts or custom stuff? Cheers.

Have any more pics of the carrier bearing and mid shaft assembly? Did you use off the shelf parts or custom stuff? Cheers.
Off the shelf parts, carrier bearing is a common parts store version. For a 99-04 f250. Bolt on fixed yoke at the carrier bearing. Slip at the axle end

Top Back Refresh