What's new

Looking for wiring help.

ricekrispyota

Member Number
I’m trying to wire in two LED off road lights off the front of my truck. Each light has a red wire and a black wire coming out of it. The switch in the cab has a black wire, a red wire and a white wire. I can get power to the switch ( a red light on) if I find the black wire to ground or negative and the red wire to positive. I can’t figure out where the white wire is supposed to go. If I swap either the black or red wire with the white wire I get nothing.

I’m assuming all the black wires connect together and all the red wires connect together, but where does the white wire connect?

Here’s a really bad drawing, but I hope it gives an idea.

Gold=white wore
Black = black wore
Thin purple line=red wire.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpeg
    IMG_0554.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
The white wire should be the positive output to the led lights. Connect white to the red leads on the lights and ground the black leads from the lights.

Depending on the output of the lights, and the switch you're using, you may need to add a relay to the circuit.

You have a lighted switch. One wire is power in. One wire is power out of switch to the lights third wire is a ground so the light comes on the switch itself.

So it should be power from battery to switch. Ground from battery to switch. Third wire of switch goes to the red wire of the lights. Black wire from lights goes to the ground.

Make sure you put a fuse in before the switch so you don’t burn the thing to the ground.

Top Back Refresh