Looking for .35 Remington.

surpip

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Sac, Ca
Loaded or brass, anyone?
35A867DE-B6A6-432D-A07D-D18718A08A0F.jpeg

WAY TOO BELATED UPDATE-------> These are long gone.

I've got a box of .30 Remington. I've not done any research but... Can these be renecked to .35 Rem? If you can do that AND figure out the shipping for ammo they are yours.
CIMG1209.JPG

Last edited:
Bought some “snap caps” from Amazon, seems with a little effort they’re reloadable.

Attachments

• 19BD7F60-F27A-4492-8C71-AE9598D53B56.jpeg
    19BD7F60-F27A-4492-8C71-AE9598D53B56.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
I though about getting some more 358 Winchester, fuck me.
Yeah, I violated my rule of buying gun parts I didn't have ammo for, now I have 90% of a .358 AR10+ that I'm gonna pay out the ass to just get some ammo for! I never expected to buy ammo at walmart for this but DAMN:mad3:! I didn't expect to have to trade my innocence:dustin: for it either!

I'm headed to the Baltimore Antique Arms Fair this weekend. There are usually cartridges for sale there but at collector prices. I did get lucky and found someone with some .351 WSL there in a damaged box that was reasonable.

If you want me to look for .35 REM I'll be glad too. Just tell me how much you want to spend...

I'm headed to the Baltimore Antique Arms Fair this weekend. There are usually cartridges for sale there but at collector prices. I did get lucky and found someone with some .351 WSL there in a damaged box that was reasonable.

If you want me to look for .35 REM I'll be glad too. Just tell me how much you want to spend...
Hopefully decently under the current market price of $90 for the corelockt? fingercrossed

Yeah, I violated my rule of buying gun parts I didn't have ammo for, now I have 90% of a .358 AR10+ that I'm gonna pay out the ass to just get some ammo for! I never expected to buy ammo at walmart for this but DAMN:mad3:! I didn't expect to have to trade my innocence:dustin: for it either!

Neck up some .308. That’s what I do for my .358 Win. (and my .338 Federal) it’s never seen factory ammo………I’m too cheap for that.

Neck up some .308. That’s what I do for my .358 Win. (and my .338 Federal) it’s never seen factory ammo………I’m too cheap for that.
its and oddball case dia. every other modern factory case needs lathe work.

Believe it or not, but when I was searching for 350 Rem Mag brass. The cheapest place ended up being on Gunbroker.

holy shit i just looked at Midwayusa and they have Hornday Leverlution at $2.90/rd. and unavailable.. holy shit

Edit to say I was looking at 35 Rem

Last edited:
I believe it. Payed around $1.70 for just 350mag brass last summer. Last time I bought brass for the 300 RUM it was near $2.00

its and oddball case dia. every other modern factory case needs lathe work.

The .308 to .358 needs lathe work?

I’ve been forming .358 out of commercial .308 for 15 years, doing nothing more than expanding the neck/case mouth.

Military brass may need outside neck turned (thicker case walls than commercial), but all the commercial brass I’ve formed has been good just expanding, loading, and shooting.

The .308 to .358 needs lathe work?

I’ve been forming .358 out of commercial .308 for 15 years, doing nothing more than expanding the neck/case mouth.

Military brass may need outside neck turned (thicker case walls than commercial), but all the commercial brass I’ve formed has been good just expanding, loading, and shooting.
have you made 35 Remington brass that way? Cases are a bit different. Have never messed much with converting cases before, wondering how much variance you can get away with.

have you made 35 Remington brass that way? Cases are a bit different. Have never messed much with converting cases before, wondering how much variance you can get away with.
No, I haven’t.

Sorry my brain thought that was about the .358 Win.

I had also been looking for .35 Rem for a while. Hornady must've done a run of it because if you pay attention to ammoseek or whatever you'll see sportsmans or the like put some up at $40 something a box, it'll sell out in a day or two and then people are re-selling it at 1.5-2x times that. The big vendors put some more out a few days later, rinse and repeat. I managed to get 2 boxes at like $46 a box.

I've got a box of .30 Remington. I've not done any research but... Can these be renecked to .35 Rem? If you can do that AND figure out the shipping for ammo they are yours.
CIMG1209.JPG

If by some chance you still have this I'm interested. As far as I know 30 Rem is the only brass I can neck down to make 25 Rem.

If by some chance you still have this I'm interested. As far as I know 30 Rem is the only brass I can neck down to make 25 Rem.

Do you have a lathe or a drill press? Doesnt look like a big deal to make it out of a 30-30 case

Also grafs has 25 remington brass in stock

Last edited:
Do you have a lathe or a drill press? Doesnt look like a big deal to make it out of a 30-30 case

Also grafs has 25 remington brass in stock

I don't have a lathe but do have a drill press. I tried using 30-30 brass a couple of years ago but it didn't work to well.

I got a couple of boxes of Jameson 25 Rem brass but it was a lot of money for poor brass.

I'll try Grafs and get a box or two to try.

I don't have a lathe but do have a drill press. I tried using 30-30 brass a couple of years ago but it didn't work to well.

I got a couple of boxes of Jameson 25 Rem brass but it was a lot of money for poor brass.

I'll try Grafs and get a box or two to try.

Was watching a you tube video on it this morning. Chucked it up in the drill and leaned on it with a file. LOL

Top Back Refresh