What's new

LOOK WHAT'S BACK ON THE SHELF:

I've heard the story of how BBQ sauce came to be.

Apparently the blacks came up with what we now know as BBQ sauce in order to deal with the crap cuts of meat they got.
Tripe, pigs feet, hog maws and chitterlings (intestines, actually shit kicking feet, stomach and intestines respectively).

Shocker: Slave owners fed all the leftovers/scraps to said "undocumented employees".

I am an adventurous foodie but I am not touching any of that.

Where's that hot sauce thread?

Tripe, pigs feet, hog maws and chitterlings (intestines, actually shit kicking feet, stomach and intestines respectively).

Shocker: Slave owners fed all the leftovers/scraps to said "undocumented employees".

I am an adventurous foodie but I am not touching any of that.

Where's that hot sauce thread?
You asked, I decided to create since I couldn't find one...

Huy Fong Foods, maker of the sriracha sauce that comes in rooster-adorned, green-capped bottles, says it has halted production until after Labor Day, sparking fears of another shortage.

The California company blamed the popular condiment's production problems on the red jalapeño chile peppers that deliver the hot sauce's tangy sweet heat. They aren't red enough, according to Huy Fong Foods.

“After reevaluating our supply of chili, we have determined that it is too green to proceed with production as it is affecting the color of the product,” it told wholesale buyers in a letter this week obtained by USA TODAY. Huy Fong Foods does not sell directly to consumers.

The only problems Fong has are created by the fact he won't use food coloring in the sriracha sauce. That's all it is right now.

The everyday production of sriracha uses both green and red jalapenos, which is why there's no uniformity in color, lending to the fact that the ratio of red to green is never the same.

My local grocer has plenty of the 17oz bottles at $3.69 a pop. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh