What's new

let's try this again: anyone know anyone on Long Island?

arse_sidewards

Contrary to everything
Member Number
I'll paypal $300 to whoever can pick this bitch up for me and hold onto it for a few months until I can get down there. I talked to the seller 30min ago. Still available. He said he never gets off Long Island so meeting on the mainland isn't an option. Obviously I'd be willing to trade welding or some other skilled labor if someone wanted that in exchange.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/tl...175092404.html

01616_fm80gfLJKJo_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_aXjKx3umUEa_1200x900.jpg

I am on LI for the next ten days or till the quarantine popo finds me. I could take it to an ups store?

just run down there, take a ferry you be done on saturday

i got engine for my boat down there 2 years ago was pretty easy trip

I am on LI for the next ten days or till the quarantine popo finds me. I could take it to an ups store?

It'll probably be like hundreds of dollars to ship. Cost $80-something to send a set of headers across the country via fedex and those don't weigh hundreds of pounds. Where are you headed after you leave Long Island?

It'll probably be like hundreds of dollars to ship. Cost $80-something to send a set of headers across the country via fedex and those don't weigh hundreds of pounds. Where are you headed after you leave Long Island?

If Willc passes by my place I can hang on to it for you. Its about 3 hrs to get there from here. Im 1.5 hrs north of NYC not far from where I84 and rt17 meet.

If Willc passes by my place I can hang on to it for you. Its about 3 hrs to get there from here. Im 1.5 hrs north of NYC not far from where I84 and rt17 meet.

I can do the same in NJ, not far from either the turnpike or parkway.

It'd be a little under 2 hours each way, 180 miles and about $50 in tolls for me to grab it. I'm not quite that bored :flipoff2:

I can do the same in NJ, not far from either the turnpike or parkway.

It'd be a little under 2 hours each way, 180 miles and about $50 in tolls for me to grab it. I'm not quite that bored :flipoff2:

If the vise made it to either of your places that would work for me. I don't wanna pressure Willc into picking it up if it's not convenient though since I can get one of these shipped to my door for $500i-$600ish

I tried to reply last time you posted this. I will give it a look and if you pp the money buy it and hold it for you.

If it can wait a few weeks I can swing up there for you and grab it.

If you're there and it's still available in a few weeks then go for it. Otherwise no big deal.

Part of me says I should just not fuck around and buy a $500 new 12" vise from China that comes freshly ground with no wear.

Have you thought about checking on having it shipped through Fastenal?

Send me the $300, I'll have it shipped to my Nigerian friend with a business shipping account. He makes money on the shipping, he'll send you a check. You cash it and keep $1000 for yourself then send me the rest. I'll settle up with him then he'll ship it to you. All in all, you should make $700, get the vice, and have it shipped right to your door. Sound good friendo?

If you're there and it's still available in a few weeks then go for it. Otherwise no big deal.

Part of me says I should just not fuck around and buy a $500 new 12" vise from China that comes freshly ground with no wear.

Alright, lemme wrangle a semi-driveable late 70s Ford to make the trip in.

Where on LI is it? I am up in NH until friday, but potentially could alter my route home.

It's in Islip.

I dunno where in NJ you live but don't go too far out of your way. It's a $200 vise, not some specialty shit I need to make a living.

If you're in NH you should swing by my place and help me drink beer.

I am a dick that my first thought was to buy it and list it on the classifieds here? :flipoff2:

I am a dick that my first thought was to buy it and list it on the classifieds here? :flipoff2:

You could cut out the extra step and just reply to my wanted ad. :laughing:

But like I said I can get a brand new modern style Chinese vise for $500ish to my door so how much am I really gonna pay for an old vise? $50 here and a 12-pack there is one thing but when you start talking about bigger numbers and an extra $150-$200 to get a vise that just magically shows up at my door freshly ground starts looking attractive. That's also why I don't want anyone dropping everything to pick this up or going substantially out of their way. If someone can snag it and store it I'll compensate them but I don't want someone doing me a big favor like that over a fuckin vise.

Yes. The vise is right around the corner from my house and I might be going up to the Boston area this month. If the sister in-law stop being scared of the virus. But I can hold it for you.

Top Back Refresh