What's new

Learning another language

Why would you choose to learn some random language ? Seems odd.

Why not something that you can use and practice. Spanish seems the most likely to be practical.

I speak, read and write French. I think it is to everyones benefit to speak a foreign language, because it helps you understand your native language better.

I speak, read and write French. I think it is to everyones benefit to speak a foreign language, because it helps you understand your native language better.

Yeah, maybe I am just different.

I don't much care to understand English better in that sense and I wouldnt want to learn a new language unless I had an application for it.

Be like learning computer coding and then never write any programs or do anything with it.

To each his own though.

I would love to learn Spanish and have tried many times. It just doesn't click with my brain. Never have been able to

Yeah, maybe I am just different.

I don't much care to understand English better in that sense and I wouldnt want to learn a new language unless I had an application for it.

Be like learning computer coding and then never write any programs or do anything with it.

To each his own though.

I would love to learn Spanish and have tried many times. It just doesn't click with my brain. Never have been able to

That is why i go to France, well, at least part of the reason.

To go with you saying Mexican isn't Spanish, I've found that in Great Britain they speak English and here we speak American. :flipoff2: Britain and America are two nations divided by a common language.

I spent a couple weeks in and around London a few years ago for “spring break”

I was in a pub enjoying a pint of Guinness when the person I was talking to asked if “I’d care for a fag?” :eek:

I have been half-assing Swedish with an app called Duolingo on my phone. I can't speak it, and definitely wouldn't understand someone speaking it fluently to me, but I could probably get the most basic points across if I needed to with what I have learned.

Snakker du Norsk? :flipoff2:

I spent a couple weeks in and around London a few years ago for “spring break”

I was in a pub enjoying a pint of Guinness when the person I was talking to asked if “I’d care for a fag?” :eek:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I know what that means. He wanted a cigarette. One of the funniest I've heard is a young lady made an arrangement for an American to pick her up at her house the next morning so she could take him on a private tour. She told the American to come to her house at 8am and "knock me up". :laughing:

No, I am intending to try that one next after I get done half-assing Swedish, then maybe old Norse. I am hoping it will improve my understanding of the Eddas.

Most of Norwegian and Swedish is the same. I go from Norway to Sweden when I snowmobile, and I seem to get along just fine at the liquor store. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh