What's new

Leaf Spring Sliders - Stability

RSWORDS

Member Number
Looking at putting some leaf spring sliders on the front of my K5 to help with calming it down at the sand drags. As of right now its a handful with the front detroit. I've noticed (like all leaf springs) I have a decent amount t of side to side play on the shackles. Would replacing them with sliders help?

here is a video. She's a hand full to the point that I've co.e across the li e sliding a couple times. The rest of the steering is in good shape. Crossover, braced, all new joints, box is tight. Rag joint In Steering shaft deleted.

Lets see some pics of your setup.
I am not a fan of the slider boxes on anything with real weight, they just become a wear item.

Dude, we were at the rebirth of Green's mudbog in like 2001. Can't believe that place is still running.

Is it side to side movement of the springs or is the axle wrapping and the drag link inducing steering when the axle rotates? Can mount a go pro to figure it out.
This is mounted on my tie rod a long time ago. Did it to check chock travel and bump stops, Showed the wobble in the shackles, (loose for crawling) and the wrap

Lets see some pics of your setup.
I am not a fan of the slider boxes on anything with real weight, they just become a wear item.

Just your standard dana 60 with crossover steering.

20200912_180001 (1).jpg
20200912_180007 (1).jpg

I bet you have more torque steer+ axle wrap than wiggly shackles.

A panhard/track bar on that setup, couldn't hurt, but I am sure you have soft ass springs on that as well so axle wrap is gonna probably be your main opponent for good steering... Looks like you have a zero-rate or ez-inch block under the springs too, so that definitely aint doin ya any favors so far as axle wrap....

Reactions: DMG
That 1" "zero rate" spring to relocate the axle fwd or back is definitely causing most of your problems Bobby. I'd ditch that and see if the problems persist. :beer::flipoff2:

1705520939120.png

Top Back Refresh