What's new

Landlord tenant- abandoned vehicles

Projectjunkie

Whatever
Member Number
Loc
Tucson Az
Kind of a long shot, but an aquanlintance rented a trailer on his property to a guy who stopped paying, and left a few vehicles there.
He did all his legal paperwork for disposing of his property and got cleared.

any way to fast track a vehicle title with this? Or is it going to be a totally separate thing?

In AZ

I'm sure I'm going to have to jump through hoops, but any experience, or magic wording would be helpful.

It's my aquaintances land. I told him I'd pay him $X once I get a title, so I could potentially do the abandoned paperwork on his behalf?

or buy it from him fur a $1, then start the bonded process?

Probably going to want to do a mechanics lien on it rather than going for bonded title. If you go bounded, he can respond and get his car back.

The few times I've had to deal with sketchy title situations the people at the courthouse were surprisingly helpful. They have seen and heard it all when it comes to car titles.

I'll do a little more digging

we dumped one car in his new yard, never acknowledged it

maybe I need to just be given this one, "disposed of" then go bonded, then pay the man once I'm set

Not that this is helpful ($orry) but around these parts (Northern California) we just get a friend with a tow truck to haul it to the local scrap place, not getting anything for it so at least in the past they didnt care as it just went into the grinder and its poured into a semi trailer that goes to the smelter and goodbye.

Paperwork sucks and takes too much time.

Our process is faster easier and painless.

If the PO felt it had value he/she wouldnt have left it.

The fire saw alot of hulk cars trucks and that made them blend in I suppose.

ohio requires a title if you're scrapping a car.
the tweakers stealing cars off of properties made that happen.

Not that this is helpful ($orry) but around these parts (Northern California) we just get a friend with a tow truck to haul it to the local scrap place, not getting anything for it so at least in the past they didnt care as it just went into the grinder and its poured into a semi trailer that goes to the smelter and goodbye.

Paperwork sucks and takes too much time.

Our process is faster easier and painless.

If the PO felt it had value he/she wouldnt have left it.

The fire saw alot of hulk cars trucks and that made them blend in I suppose.

Show me where it sounds like he wanted to scrap it :confused:

The loss of such trivial paperwork to some automobile owners makes just abandoning such wrecks more and more.

In your state that is and others with similar thought process.

the loss of such trivial paperwork will cost you a whopping $8 at the title office for another copy here, so it's not really a big deal, and certainly no reason to abandon a car.

this isn't california.
:flipoff2:

Very clean unmolested scout, worth the hassle

"ran when parked" :laughing:

:smokin: I'm a Scout guy from way back. Clean unmolested Scouts are gold. Ebay snapshot taken 30 seconds ago:

scout.jpg

the loss of such trivial paperwork will cost you a whopping $8 at the title office for another copy here, so it's not really a big deal, and certainly no reason to abandon a car.

this isn't california.

That's assuming they ever had the title to begin with. There are so many no title cars for sale around here. I'm sure they just get passed around from one guy to another. The titles are probably 3-4 owners removed from the actual car.

I have learned that calm and persistence at the dmv works. there is probably a decent chance the deadbeat did not own the cars. So, go through the process linked above, keep it separate from the rent stuff (in this climate, deadbeats are saints) so, just stick to the abandoned and you want to reclaim it, title it and PAY, the state will love you, you'll have a scout, win win. plan on 6 months.

I had deal like that that took almost that long for something simpler.

Thanks that was my point.

why would you buy a car that you couldn't title in your name in the first place?

and there are other options to get a title.

I get it, you think there should be no government, and I'm on that train too, but before the title system was used for taxation, it's purpose was to keep car thefts from happening by keeping records of who actually owned what.

which is why scrapyards now require titles, because tweakers were stealing cars from barns and then taking them to the scrap yard 15 years ago when you'd get $600 for a scrap car.

If you know for sure the Scout is abandoned, just buy a junk one, get the title and swap the vin tags. Keep the junk one for parts. (Paint it maybe)

post bond, wait for dmv to try to contact registered owner, no response from registered owner. dmv issues clean title, yours. Check to see if your local dmv requires an inspection/vin verification, some do some don't. I have used AJ for trailer inspections in the past.
Might try a third party dmv.

Last edited:
post bond, wait for dmv to try to contact registered owner, no response from registered owner. dmv issues clean title, yours. Check to see if your local dmv requires an inspection/vin verification, some do some don't. I have used AJ for trailer inspections in the past.

AJ? Apache junction?

AJ? Apache junction?

I did a couple of trailer vin ispections at Apache Junction dmv, went smooth.
I just did a bunch of title work at a third party dmv in East Mesa, easy peasy and no cranky county employees.

I have never liked the idea of titling a automobile in my name, Ive always used a trust I control it, make use of it but dont own it.

I wasnt suggesting titling it in the first place only a way that those in my area get rid of abandoned automobiles.

I love seeing the old junk cars tumble around and eventually get shredded into little bits of scrap metal.

New ones also had a guy bring a car he wanted gone and with a one time payment of 500 it was gone in ten mins mostly from the time to get a forklift freed up from its normal tasks.

No sorry but you dont get it, you may think you do but you dont.

You may be a bit more enlightened than most of the sheep here but no matter...

I did my good deeds in teaching the wayward idiots and dont do that no more so thats the / on that.

I'm not sure what the fuck you're on about here, but the thread is about how the OP takes an abandoned vehicle and gets a title in his name so that it may be registered and driven on the street again.

all your talk of scrapping vehicles is not relevant.
if he wants to register it, he needs a title.
the abandoned title process is clearly spelled out in the link I gave him to the AZDOT webpage.

now kindly fuck off with your rambling.

And the same to you.

Maybe you have clean unmolested Scouts all around your area, but most of us don't. If I had a friend with one abandoned on his property I'd sure as hell want it too.

Arizona, like most states, has a clear and straightforward process for titling an abandoned vehicle. Sounds like it's worth the slight expense and hassle in this case. If this was a rusted out Dodge Neon, sure send it to the grinder.

Ship that Scout up here, we don't need no stinkin' title :flipoff2:

If you have a preference in year I could most likely come up with one.

Saw a red topped one a month or so ago in a ex cops yard half way from my area to chico.

Honestly didnt know these things were in such high demand.

Ill take a video of the grindern in action next time I'm around that vicinity.

I love watching it eat full size ford stupid duty trucks it doesn't skip a beat.

Well that's interesting to hear, honestly any 4wd Scout is desirable if it's complete and rust-free. I'm not actively in the market but if something fell in my lap for cheap I would jump on it.

Are you in California? I know that adds a huge layer of difficulty to anything vehicle related...

I have said it before but VT doesn't require a title on anything 15 years old or older progressively and they don't care where you live, you can use your actual address. They do require a vin verification on anything bough out of state but there are ways around that too.

You can complain to the city about abandoned vehicles until you’re blue in the face. The second they get set on fire they get removed with a quickness. Or so I’ve heard.

why commit a felony when the abandoned title process will cost you $50 and some time?

Vin tags are a law created by man. (Not by god) I live by do un to others as I would them do to me. If I abandon a vehicle, I'm happy for someone to title it anyway they please. A felony only concerns me if I will be caught.

I have never ever done anything with the DMV that was just "$50 and some time". Sometimes asking the goverment is the wrong way to go. I gave him an option. He can choose what he wants to do.

Top Back Refresh