What's new

Land Cruiser de-evolution

Nice! I've always heard that these were too hard to SAS. I guess not.

Did you go with the 44 center section so it would fit better around the engine and frame? It seems like just using the 60 center would be easier.

Kevin

Nice! I've always heard that these were too hard to SAS. I guess not.

Did you go with the 44 center section so it would fit better around the engine and frame? It seems like just using the 60 center would be easier.

Kevin

Yes, that's the main reason...the 44 center fits up in between the oil pan and framerail a lot easier (and farther) than a 60. That means more uptravel, or lower ride height, or both.

I'd have to do some kind of axle fab to get a passenger-drop high pinion anyway, so this was the fairly simple way I ended up choosing.

I decided the never-used ash tray/change drawer would be a good spot to mount the face of a Ham radio. Removed the handle, and made this little stainless bracket to mount the face to the drawer.

I used both rivets and a nut/bolt, because I couldn't get the head of the rivet gun inside the drawer to use 3 rivets.

Here it is in place. The drawer is still fully functional if I were to want to use it for something also. Also pictured is the fantastic Ram ball mount on the right side of the dash.

This looks great, makes me want to bring you my hundy and force you to start a business of this! Well done!

Amazing build. Exactly what I have wanted to do to a 100, great job!

A few months ago I made a new transmission crossmember, with skidplates for the trans and transfer case. I finally got around to getting it powdercoated, and today I installed it. It makes me feel better than the bent/rusty stock crossmember, and cheesy excuse for a skid plate. (even if I never touch them...it makes me feel better)

Top Back Refresh