What's new

Lamb chops

ConwayMuddy

Dis member
Member Number
Loc
Jerkwater wi
Have some lamb chops to make for dinner tonight. Going to cook in a cast iron pan. Cant say I've made these before, tips for seasoning, cooking time? They are an inch thick, I've got the basics for seasoning, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, probably some rosemary, sage, maybe some thyme, chilli powder/flake.

3 minutes a side over high heat. No idea how long I let the pan heat but probably could have gone a bit longer. Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Came out pretty great for having never cooked them before, tender, juicy, fat cooked perfect. Cheesy baked potato and it was a winner dinner.

Keep them on the rare side and don’t over season. Simple is better

Garlic and rosemary go well with lamb. Cook to rare or medium rare at most.

https://irate4x4.com/cooking/199729-marinated-lamb-or-beef

Amounts are pretty general, you'll need to adjust depending on how much meat you need to marinade. What's listed below works for a single lamb shoulder or flank steak.

2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2-3/4 cup of horseradish mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all of the above really well then marinade your meat over night and cooked your preferred method for whatever meat you used.

Cook like you would a nice steak. High heat on the grill long enough to sear or high heat on the stove in cast iron then in the oven for a minute or two at high heat.

Top Back Refresh