What's new

Knock down rubbermaid or uline cart

Stuck

In Hell
Member Number
Im tired of my metal rolling cart being in the way in the cabin garage. Theres not a lot of space and it takes up a good bit of room. Ive looked at the rubbermaid and uline carts online and they look like they just pull apart so they could be hung on the wall. Anybody have one? Are they durable? Do they come apart easily or does it take awile? I could make mine a bolt together but it would be still be heavy and n=d to bolted or unbolted everytime I use it.

We have several of them in different sizes at work, they hold up really well, most of ours have a couple extra holes in the legs to put a piece of half inch EMT through and use for rolls of wire.
No idea on how easy they are to take apart, ours are bolted together and we don't disassemble them.
They are light enough that you could probably hang them from the ceiling to get them out of the way.

Aaron Z

Last edited:
Thanks. I wasnt sure if theyre a slip fit where the legs and self connect or if there is some kind of snap or fastener. The pics online arent real clear but I dont see a fastener.

It seems like a stupid issue but I just dont use it enough up there to want to leave it taking up the small space I have. The other downside is it ends up covered in stuff. I figured if I could take it apart easily enough would be to hang it on the wall with the legs inside one of the shelfs. Then when I need it. Its a quick throw together and its not covered in other stuff.

I tend to suffer from flat surfitis when pressed for time instead of finding the proper home for whatever I was working on.

Thanks. I wasnt sure if theyre a slip fit where the legs and self connect or if there is some kind of snap or fastener. The pics online arent real clear but I dont see a fastener.

It seems like a stupid issue but I just dont use it enough up there to want to leave it taking up the small space I have. The other downside is it ends up covered in stuff. I figured if I could take it apart easily enough would be to hang it on the wall with the legs inside one of the shelfs. Then when I need it. Its a quick throw together and its not covered in other stuff.
Let me take a picture of the one I use at work. If you aren't picking it up and will be disassembling it frequently, I would think gravity would hold it together without the bolts being needed (or worst case you could put wing nuts on the bolts)

I tend to suffer from flat surfitis when pressed for time instead of finding the proper home for whatever I was working on.
I also suffer from that, just ask my wife :emb:

Aaron Z

thanks for identifying the condition for me. i have a big storage bin from home depot that has the top currently covered in tools because i didn't put them up, then added a little more here and there, now there's no space left. I should clean that up soon

thanks for identifying the condition for me. i have a big storage bin from home depot that has the top currently covered in tools because i didn't put them up, then added a little more here and there, now there's no space left. I should clean that up soon

Its an awful debilitating disease that spreads quickly and soon engulfs everything. Of course there is a treatment but its only temporary and it will flare up again if youre not persistent. Im suffering greatly right now with all of the before xmas to-dos, processing several deer, a couple of vehicle projects and othe miscellaneous crap. Thats just at my house I need to go clean up the cabin garage from all the prewinter projects.

We use the Rubbermaid carts at work too. The guys are generally working on a different site every day, they do not break them down for transport they just throw them on top of the load and tie the carts down.

They come broken down for shipping but do not break down and reassemble quick or easy. May be able to modify one to do that. I would think most fastenal / whitecap / safety, tool, fastener supply type places would stock them so you can take a look at how they are built before you buy.

Hanging the whole cart on the wall or ceiling would gain you a few cubic feet and eliminate the flat surface. then again it's plastic so you could just make it live outside if you wanted.

We use the Rubbermaid carts at work too. The guys are generally working on a different site every day, they do not break them down for transport they just throw them on top of the load and tie the carts down.

They come broken down for shipping but do not break down and reassemble quick or easy. May be able to modify one to do that. I would think most fastenal / whitecap / safety, tool, fastener supply type places would stock them so you can take a look at how they are built before you buy.

Hanging the whole cart on the wall or ceiling would gain you a few cubic feet and eliminate the flat surface. then again it's plastic so you could just make it live outside if you wanted.

Yeah Ill swing by HF tomorrow and see what theirs is like. The other places arent close.

Top Back Refresh