What's new

KM3’s

Its comical to me people complaining about actual tire size vs advertised, like its some new scam.

have yall never heard of interco? :laughing:

No shit, it's funny how big some of the newer tires that actually measure true. 37 nittos are comparable to 39.5" Iroks. I had a guy ask me if my tires were 37s or 40s (35 mtr/k :laughing:​​​​​​)

I honestly think it's false advertising, if I spent the ~$2k on a set of tires that were a full 2" shorter than the sidewall said, I'd be taking them back.

Well I had BFG KMs 35 inch tire 16.5 rim
then I had BFG KM2s 35 inch tire 16.5 rim
then I ran some hummer tires for a while, but they were a terrible ride and kept loosing balance etc..

when I wanted a larger tire, with that rim size.. I ended up with Super Swamper Radials.. 37 inch tire
thats what I had, WHEN I WON MY 1ST PLACE TROPHY AT THE JAMBOREE (PIC SHOWN)

However, I will try and get some KM3s.. next.. down the road

1031294.jpg

I liked my KM2s. Look at the pro comp MT2s, nice tire for on and offroad and measure close to 37" for maximum mall performance.

I had 35" KM2's for 3 weeks on my old TJ. Got them in and mounted them. Fuckers were barely over 33" tall on 15x8 wheels. Sold them as fast as I could, for a loss, and went with the 35" blue label Krawlers. Those measured a true 35.....
]

I'll tell you what, my father currently still has the 35" KM2s on 15"x8" wheels on his LJ. The next time I am in his shop, I'll get some good measurements and post them up in this thread. I think we have derailed the OP's thread enough at this point, so I am not going to start posting more pictures of tire and wheel setups he is not even asking about for the time being.

So, 3 months later I finally got around to measuring one of my father's KM2s :laughing:

B.F.Goodrich's published specs for the 35/12.50R15 KM2:
SizeDiameterWidthRim RangeMeasured RimTread DepthLoad RangeMax LoadMax PSIWeightRevs/Mile
LT 35X12.50R15
113Q C RWL
34.8"12.5"8.5-11"10"20/32"C2535 lbs35 psi60.9 lbs598

DISCLAIMER: The tire I measured was used and mounted on an 8" wide wheel at ~30PSI. I measured [SUP]13[/SUP]/[SUB]32[/SUB]" of tread which means that the tire had lost [SUP]7[/SUP]/[SUB]32[/SUB]" of tread compared to the published new tread depth. This means that the tire should have been [SUP]14[/SUP]/[SUB]32[/SUB]" (.4375") taller when it was new.

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

Funny, I am getting 34 [SUP]9[/SUP]/[SUB]32[/SUB]" (34.28") on a worn KM2 :laughing: Maybe you should buy a better tape measure :flipoff2:

So doing a little extrapolation based on the specified new-tire tread depth, the tire should have measured 34 [SUP]23[/SUP]/[SUB]32[/SUB]" (34.72") when new which is pretty damn close to B.F.Goodrich's published 34.8" value.

I'll play for anyone searching - new 37x12.50R17 KM3s mounted on Method 17x8.5 wheels measure out just under 36.5 inches at 24 PSI. Wheels and tires are not on a vehicle. Published specification is 36.5 inches.

Where do KM3’s shine ?
Rocks, mud, sand, hardpack ?
Do they balance out well ?
Are the sidewalks reasonably stout ?
Decent on the street also ?

Why is the 37x12.50x17 more expensive than the 13.50 ? Pretty sure they have the same load rating.

Been running the same brand of 37’s for 4 or 5 sets now and am considering changing when this current set wears out.
Ok so back to the actual question..
Where do they shine?
:lmao:
"How are they in snow" got me searching, yep in typical ibb form , derails and arguments ...
Bring the tech already :flipoff2:

An aside
Hilarious that one cannot opperate a tape measure :laughing:

Op
Fwiw
Trailwise they seem good all around, not awesome but competent.

Rubicon, Barrett, slickrock, norcal stuff, dusy
Actually I noticed that they aren't awesome on hardpack compared to my old mud rovers tho...

Good street manners.
After 3 snow day runs a few observations...
They don't seem to care about the slush much, decent traction from stopped.
Really seem planted at speed when you are on the gas, (like driving on the track where you steer with the gas pedal) once ya punch thru when turning around they aren't awesome...

Last edited:
I ran KM3s on my daily driver for a couple of years after they came out.

Best MT tires I've ran and I've ran a lot.

Only thing they don't work very well in is mud compares to a swamper etc. They clean out okay if you've got power to spin them.

They're even good on ice/snow

I'm so shocked that those are undersized. :lmao:

:flipoff2:
I own a machine shop, have a fuckload of metrology equipment and know how to use it. So they where definitely 33.5"(that was rounding up a bit)

I'm not saying this is indicitive of every size just what I observed with these.

These where ordered Sept 2019

Wish they where available in sizes bigger than 39" or I'd have a set for my current rig.

I own a machine shop, have a fuckload of metrology equipment and know how to use it. So they where definitely 33.5"(that was rounding up a bit)

I'm not saying this is indicitive of every size just what I observed with these.

These where ordered Sept 2019

Wish they where available in sizes bigger than 39" or I'd have a set for my current rig.
According to the BFG fan boi's in this thread you are wrong and didn't measure correctly. :flipoff2:

You and I must have bought the same defective tape measure from the local stores. :lmao:

Fuck those undersized, weak sidewall having, pile of shit tires....

I've got 285/70/17 KM3s on my fauxverlander/DD that replaced some worn STT Pro's

20220717_125210.jpg

Didn't take a tape to them but noticeably smaller than the Coopers. They do have great grip on the east coast rocks/mud while driving down the road decent. Sidewalls feel "soft", granted FJs are fat little pigs but at 15-17psi they push around a ton..like all previous BFGs. Time will tell on strength. Mounted for ~1yr so far and 10k miles.

Also have 33x10.50x15s on my CJ7 and have nothing but great things to say about them there too. They've been to OH, TN, VA, KY, NC and Colorado/Moab. Mounted 4 years now.
20190808_165318.jpg

Snow.png

Am I going to buy a set in 37in flavor for my trail rig?... probably not with them being $$$ and undersized. Might give Razrs or XMTs a try or if MTR's ever go back into production I'd run another set of those.

I have a set of Maxxis Razr's on my street driven trail rig. Replaced a set of half way worn KM2's. Sold them to a Marine for half what I had them listed on CL for just because he was a Jarhead. That's about all I wear them before I sell the old set and buy new. 35x12.5x15. Razr's are 2.5" wider tread and at least a full inch taller than KM2's. Razr's have much better off road traction (rocks, sand, high speed dirt roads), not as good wet road traction, great dry pavement traction, not as strong of a sidewall, and are wearing faster than KM2's.

Razr's also get loud from 1/4 to 1/3 wear, then quiet down again. Or maybe I'm just going deaf.

BFG's are small to size. I've run Goodyear Kevlar Muds, BFG and now the Razr's in the past 15 years. Wranglers lasted the longest, BFG second, like the Razr's the best so far. I run less air on the street, and more in the dirt for the Razr's than any other tire I've had. Got a mesquite branch through the sidewall of a Razr last time I was out in Arizona. Never had that happen with BFG or Goodyear, but I also don't remember driving them through a trail overgrown with the stuff. I remember when I got the new KM2's they were smaller than the half worn Wranglers.

When I bought the Razr's I was down to them or the KM3. I took the recommendation of Dave at davesoffroadsupply.com, since he hasn't let me down ever.

That's all I got.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh