What's new

Kiss “ concert “

Ditchdigger

Literally Clueless
Member Number
I haven’t heard a thing about their “concert” on NYE. Did anyone watch it? Nothing on Fakebook from even the diehardest fans. Not a fan of theirs at all but curious.

I think I was in junior high when they became a “Big deal”. I didn’t like them then, don’t care for them now. Aerosmith is another one from that time... big meh

I think I was in junior high when they became a “Big deal”. I didn’t like them then, don’t care for them now. Aerosmith is another one from that time... big meh

Aerosmith is music for soccer moms by some guys that look like ugly middle aged women

I saw kiss and Aerosmith together. Aerosmith was great, kiss not so much.

Saliva opened for both of them, and the lead singer Josie Scott came out on a kkk robe and hood. This was in Wheatland California (circa 2006) and he was greeted with thunderous applause. :laughing:

Pretty sure I was a freshman in high school when they started having their hits. Saw them in concert, Uriah Heep was the opening act. They had some good music, but KISS had better pyrotechnics :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I’m working on it :flipoff2:

Talking about bands from back then

Google “Day on the Green” (Oakland coliseum), that shit was EPIC :smokin:

Ive watched YouTube videos of that. Looked like a fucking blast.

They used to do something similar at Cal Expo in Sacramento in the late 80s/early 90s

93 rock was a big sponsor of it

I watched it sort of. It came up on my youtube so I gave it a try and I'll admit it could have been way way better. Some things I noticed were changed lyrics I assume due to where they were playing, some of the words are a no no and probably also why Gene didn't spit blood either. No shots of the crowd IF there even was one IIRC the tix were something like 4 figures to attend. The pyro was something else though pretty wild and Probably the best I've seen for a live show. The show it's self was pretty good production wise I guess too.

I've seen them live a few times so anything other than being there is gonna be kinda meh to me anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRep6gzrx7s

Last edited:
Didn’t watch it and never even heard they were playing on NYE.
mot gonna lie, I was a fan of Kiss and had their LPs up to Love Gun and have seen the OG lineup in Concert. Fuck the haters.

I honestly can't think of a more overrated band in the history of music.

I like all genres of music and most bands that are somewhat popular, I can think of at least ONE song that I like.

Not so with Kiss. They just suck. Without the eye candy, they were nothing.

I'd rather listen to the Frozen soundtrack on repeat than rock and roll all night and party everyday or any other absolutely awful song from them

Ive watched YouTube videos of that. Looked like a fucking blast.

They used to do something similar at Cal Expo in Sacramento in the late 80s/early 90s

93 rock was a big sponsor of it

Yea but not as freely FUN...

Top Back Refresh