What's new

Kayla's sunsets

I think she'd like this one...
kayla copy.jpg

B4DC86F0-4DC7-4A53-8B3D-7DF1B3F5C8C3.jpeg
531F456C-F8A1-41F0-BC74-75C822148AC4.jpeg

Taking kids to the bus stop yesterday morning. On a gravel road in SW Iowa
ETA: a sunrise not a sunset.
BTW I’ve only ever managed to discern the reason for this thread through context and a few specific comments. I’d like to hear a narrative version of the story behind it. If I understand an old PBB member had a daughter that was dying/died young of some illness and she loved sunsets? I’m sorry if I’m being too rough with the story. I post here because even though I don’t know the details and didn’t go through it with the OG PBB I respect the thought. I really don’t know how I’d react in a similar situation and if this is helpful to anyone I’ll keep posting pics.

Last edited:
This thread is all about my daughter Kayla who passed from brain cancer in 2013. Basically her favorite color was orange and I posted a beautiful orange sunset after she died at the old place, and this thread was born.
A bigger part of this story is how everyone here (there) rallied behind us when the end was near. Rugger was the main force in this effort and what was organized was nothing short of a miracle. $’s we’re sent, cards, gifts and support of all types were provided by the members here. It was one of the most beautiful acts of kindness when me and my family were at a pretty low point.

I’ll try and post some links latter, but it’s hard to go through that shit.

This thread is all about my daughter Kayla who passed from brain cancer in 2013. Basically her favorite color was orange and I posted a beautiful orange sunset after she died at the old place, and this thread was born.
A bigger part of this story is how everyone here (there) rallied behind us when the end was near. Rugger was the main force in this effort and what was organized was nothing short of a miracle. $’s we’re sent, cards, gifts and support of all types were provided by the members here. It was one of the most beautiful acts of kindness when me and my family were at a pretty low point.

I’ll try and post some links latter, but it’s hard to go through that shit.
Thank you. I hope our small contributions help in any way to keep the memories you have joyful and not any more sad than they have to be.
My condolences. Don't post/link anything you aren't comfortable with, you don't need to validate me or anyone else. Maybe these pictures are the best way to remember her.

Top Back Refresh