What's new

Jump packs

AKnate

Icehole
Member Number
What's the caddie-lac of jump packs?

I have a "1500" amp shoemaucher sl1519. It's got smart features and shuts down if there's too much load. Wouldn't start a 6.7L Cummins with low batteries.

Picked up a Super Start 51200 today for $198 on sale at Schucks.

"1200" amps.

But it's got a goofy plug in to charge vs USB. And the battery cables are tiny. 16mm2.
Ningbo ruihula electronics brand 🤣

I'm partial to the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 for most things, but for stuff like a diesel with two dead batteries we have a big ass 12v battery (Might be a golf-cart application) on a hand truck at work with good jumper cables and a battery tender to keep it topped off.

The smart jump boxes suck, we have a Snap-On jump box at the shop that's been nothing but a massive piece of shit the entire time with the electronic crap built into it, the JNC stuff is just a battery that's easy to carry around.

I'm partial to the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 for most things, but for stuff like a diesel with two dead batteries we have a big ass 12v battery (Might be a golf-cart application) on a hand truck at work with good jumper cables and a battery tender to keep it topped off.

The smart jump boxes suck, we have a Snap-On jump box at the shop that's been nothing but a massive piece of shit the entire time with the electronic crap built into it, the JNC stuff is just a battery that's easy to carry around.

I've had and used the JNC660 for the last 15 years. I think the one I have now is #3 and I just picked it up a few months ago. I don't jump start much big diesel stuff and those 660's have never let me down. I'm actually afraid to try other brands because I don't want to be disappointed.:laughing: My wife bought me one of those mini jump packs for Christmas last year and it's OK for jumping the lawn tractor occasionally but I don't trust the damn thing to not burn my house down while recharging so I don't use it for much else. It may be the cats ass for all I know but the risk just isn't worth the reward with those.

I've had and used the JNC660 for the last 15 years. I think the one I have now is #3 and I just picked it up a few months ago. I don't jump start much big diesel stuff and those 660's have never let me down. I'm actually afraid to try other brands because I don't want to be disappointed.:laughing: My wife bought me one of those mini jump packs for Christmas last year and it's OK for jumping the lawn tractor occasionally but I don't trust the damn thing to not burn my house down while recharging so I don't use it for much else. It may be the cats ass for all I know but the risk just isn't worth the reward with those.
I have a decent sized lithium one, it works if the car isn't super dead but the tiny cables worry me putting it under a real load

I've had a basic Canadian Tire jump pack in the Jeep for the better part of 10 years. Its fine for dead gas vehicles, and a boost/assist on a diesel (low batts, not dead batts).

For real starting of a dead diesel, i swap the battery, or wheel out a 4D on a cart with some short #2/0 cables.

I don’t know if it is a Cadillac. It’s probably more like a Toyota.

This will start my 6.6L Duramax even without a full charge. I’ve done it more than once. IDGAF what Project Farm shows.

AVAPOW 6000A Car Battery Jump Starter(for All Gas or up to 12L Diesel) Powerful Car Jump Starter with Dual USB Quick Charge and DC Output,12V Jump Pack with Built-in LED Bright Light Amazon.com

This is less than half the price at $60 for 2500 amps, from the same company and says it will jump an 8L diesel.

Limited-time deal: AVAPOW Jump Starter Car Battery 2500A Peak,Portable Jump Starters for Up to 8L Gas 8L Diesel Engine with Booster Function,Wireless Charging Design,12V Lithium Jump Pack Amazon.com

the old Snap On ones did too. All they way back in like 2011-2012. That one Ape had lasted less than a year before it gave up the ghost and we weren't that hard on it.

They had the Super Start version for $90. The one I got is allegedly more powah and had an air compressor which maybe is handy?

I don’t know if it is a Cadillac. It’s probably more like a Toyota.

This will start my 6.6L Duramax even without a full charge. I’ve done it more than once. IDGAF what Project Farm shows.

AVAPOW 6000A Car Battery Jump Starter(for All Gas or up to 12L Diesel) Powerful Car Jump Starter with Dual USB Quick Charge and DC Output,12V Jump Pack with Built-in LED Bright Light Amazon.com

This is less than half the price at $60 for 2500 amps, from the same company and says it will jump an 8L diesel.

Limited-time deal: AVAPOW Jump Starter Car Battery 2500A Peak,Portable Jump Starters for Up to 8L Gas 8L Diesel Engine with Booster Function,Wireless Charging Design,12V Lithium Jump Pack Amazon.com
I have to buy locally, they are HAZMAT and Amazon won't ship, same with most eBay, online mail order shop, etc.

I had a NOCO "3000" amp, but it was stolen. And was about useless in the winter. And almost $400.

Biggest engine i have is a CAT 3306, 10? Liter, but its 24v and always starts.

Last edited:
I have this one. It has flawlessly started my 1964 Cadillac with a 429 and completely dead battery and my 2001 Ford Powerstroke with weak batteries. So far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_2992.jpeg
    IMG_2992.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
I have this one. It has flawlessly started my 1964 Cadillac with a 429 and completely dead battery and my 2001 Ford Powerstroke with weak batteries. So far so good.
The NOCO one i had, which was quite expensive, didn't work in winter if it got cold.
Was like my M18 batteries, would just shut down.

remember the thread I posted from the old site?

fucking had one of those lite up on fire after jumping off a car and I was very lucky that I set it on the ground rather then inside the car like I normally do.

Fuck those things!

I picked up a couple of GOOLOO 4000A dealios on Amazon for prime day a couple of years ago. They'll light off 6.7 Cummingses no problem, and keep the GF's phone charged for a week when she never brings a phone charger anywhere, ever. Want to say I paid $89 for them.

I picked up a couple of GOOLOO 4000A dealios on Amazon for prime day a couple of years ago. They'll light off 6.7 Cummingses no problem, and keep the GF's phone charged for a week when she never brings a phone charger anywhere, ever. Want to say I paid $89 for them.

It has to be local, Amazon won't ship those, they are HAZMAT.

Screenshot_20231009-055446_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I had one like a jnc660. Loaned it out and it went for a ride.:flipoff2:

Just get two big batteries and some jumper cables.

My 2 4d jump pack. It will roll over anything I own with or without batteries on it:lmao:
IMG_8630.jpeg

If you can carry that around in feet of snow without needing an oxygen tank I'll let you insert food and drink in me in a romantic manner.

I hope you put a motor in it to help roll the pig around!
Nah it usually stays in the back of a vehicle with long coords on it. Super handy come winter time.

Gonna make a more compact one to mount to a kubota utv for around the yard.

remember the thread I posted from the old site?

fucking had one of those lite up on fire after jumping off a car and I was very lucky that I set it on the ground rather then inside the car like I normally do.

Fuck those things!
I've seen several people claim this but not seen it first hand, had yours been dropped or anything?

I've seen several people claim this but not seen it first hand, had yours been dropped or anything?
no, not dropped, not abused, not anything

I take care of my shit real well, I am def borderline OCD about everything.

I used it to jumpstart a dead car, pulled it off and sat it on the ground as I was in front of my shop and moving the car down to the other side of my property, I planned on picking it up when I walked back to my shop.

As I was backing the car down the driveway something caught my eye, it was smoke and flames coming from the jumpbox.

It was a very hot fire.

Had it been on a table or inside the car, it most likely would have caused a full fire.

i carry a NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000A UltraSafe in my buggy and have jumped countless folks with it over the last 2 years. Its even started my johndeer after a winter of neglect.

i carry a NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000A UltraSafe in my buggy and have jumped countless folks with it over the last 2 years. Its even started my johndeer after a winter of neglect.
Had the GB150. Was fine if kept warm, but wouldn't work in the cold. And was $400 so that hurt when it was stolen.

I bought dad the older version of this for Christmas in '14, it starts all the diesel tractors and the JD 450 dozer on the farm. This version is $30 more than when I last purchased it.
616AVC7knRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've got an older Schumacher Mity Mite, like '02 vintage, that I liked so much that I've "rebuilt" it by putting a new battery and charger in it instead of junking it when it quit working years ago.

41P8E0TNGVL._AC_.jpg

That Mity Mite won't do much for a cold 12V Cummins though.

I got frustrated that the Mity Mite wasn't charged when the lawn mower's battery was dead earlier this summer, and decided I needed another jump pack that would actually do all of our vehicles. What better reason did I need?

I got this one.

81sP5YurgkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I guess that Mity Mite made me a Shumacher fanboy.

Don't know if it's been said (just skimmed the thread) but the end-all, be-all of jump packs is a Jump-n-Carry 12/24 as far as I'm concerned. Fully charged, it will jump a 60 series Detroit at 0F with 4 dead batteries (like 0v dead) that's been sitting for 30 days. Made me a believer. It's heavy as fuck.
If you aren't doing shit like that I've heard good things about the lithium NOCOs. I'd like to get one as you rarely need the JnC 12/24 capacity and the lithiums are much lighter.

Don't know if it's been said (just skimmed the thread) but the end-all, be-all of jump packs is a Jump-n-Carry 12/24 as far as I'm concerned. Fully charged, it will jump a 60 series Detroit at 0F with 4 dead batteries (like 0v dead) that's been sitting for 30 days. Made me a believer. It's heavy as fuck.
If you aren't doing shit like that I've heard good things about the lithium NOCOs. I'd like to get one as you rarely need the JnC 12/24 capacity and the lithiums are much lighter.
Can't seem to get the 12/24.

NAPA could order it, but said maybe 2-4 months.

Can't seem to get the 12/24.

NAPA could order it, but said maybe 2-4 months.
My local heavy truck parts shop has 2 of the 12/24 packs on the shelf. There has to be a better shop for this stuff other than napa?

Top Back Refresh