What's new

Jeep Rubicon 392?

That article didn't say anything about axles except for mentioning lockers and the Jeep brand beadlocks that are 5x5.... Makes me think D44's.... I hope not.... but designers are a bunch or tards.... so it probably will be.

I already have the axle upgrades to throw at one. :smokin:

That article didn't say anything about axles except for mentioning lockers and the Jeep brand beadlocks that are 5x5.... Makes me think D44's.... I hope not.... but designers are a bunch or tards.... so it probably will be.

more better details. D44 F/R

Designers have nothing to do with which axles end up in a vehicle.

I should clarify... Dana, including it's designers and engineers, don't have a say. Only suggestions. What ends up in Jeeps is up to Jeep finance dept., engineering and design; in that order.

I should clarify... Dana, including it's designers and engineers, don't have a say. Only suggestions. What ends up in Jeeps is up to Jeep finance dept., engineering and design; in that order.

Exactly right and this is could be a good example of bean counter interference. Didn't I read that they are set up with 37's? on D44's? If they run to production with those, wait until there are warranty claims...:eek:

Exactly right and this is could be a good example of bean counter interference. Didn't I read that they are set up with 37's? on D44's? If they run to production with those, wait until there are warranty claims...:eek:

what size rear axle is in the Chargers, Challengers and 1500's with the 6.4?

For fuck's sake people, despite the marketing bullshit from Jeep, Dana, and now Ford too, the Jeep JLs do not have Dana 44s. The Rubicons have M210 fronts and M220 rears. These axles have 0% in common with any Dana 44 axle ever made :shaking:

The marketeers have latched onto the names Dana 44 and 35 because they think it means something and builds their cred. It is like the new Bronco release going on about "Dana" axles like it means a fucking thing. They just want people to think it has what Jeep has that makes it soooo good off road.

For fuck's sake people, despite the marketing bullshit from Jeep, Dana, and now Ford too, the Jeep JLs do not have Dana 44s. The Rubicons have M210 fronts and M220 rears. These axles have 0% in common with any Dana 44 axle ever made :shaking:

The marketeers have latched onto the names Dana 44 and 35 because they think it means something and builds their cred. It is like the new Bronco release going on about "Dana" axles like it means a fucking thing. They just want people to think it has what Jeep has that makes it soooo good off road.

Huh, off to read some more. Thanks!

themoreyouknow.png

A few demon third members have already shown their insides violently, Aloominiuminum. It's not like fca has a track record for rear axle durability and longevity. Problem is unlike ford and Chevy there aren't dozens at the junkyard to choose from. All those 5.2 5.9 and 4.7 zj's not one v8 wrangler.

At least they finally abandoned the D44 name, a jk D44 really wasn't a D44 either, not sure why they hung onto that name for so long.

It's a Dana 44.

The new Dana 44. But a Dana 44.

https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/a...xle-technology

At least that is what the company that builds it calls it if you want to buy one from them.

From brochure..

The gearing used in today's Dana 44™ axles has a 226 mm ring gear size and has a torque capacity of 8200Nm. The new generation Dana 44™ AdvanTEK[SUP]®[/SUP] gearing has a smaller 220mm ring gear size but has the same torque capacity of 8200Nm.

Last edited:
Well nevermind :homer:​​​​​​

You can really still get a jeep with a "dana 35"?

Jeep will never loose the "use the absolute smallest possible axles" mentality will they?

At least they finally abandoned the D44 name, a jk D44 really wasn't a D44 either, not sure why they hung onto that name for so long.

The JK "Next Generation" Dana 44 at least shared some critical dimensions (such as hypoid offset) with the legacy Dana 44 axles. The new Advantek MXXX axles have absolutely nothing in common with the old axles and are a clean sheet metric design.

It's a Dana 44.

The new Dana 44. But a Dana 44.

https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/a...xle-technology

At least that is what the company that builds it calls it if you want to buy one from them.

From brochure..

The gearing used in today's Dana 44™ axles has a 226 mm ring gear size and has a torque capacity of 8200Nm. The new generation Dana 44™ AdvanTEK[SUP]®[/SUP] gearing has a smaller 220mm ring gear size but has the same torque capacity of 8200Nm.

Ergo my point, "marketeers". Notice they only refer to them as Dana 44s in reference to the Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator as well as their crate axle program? Plenty of other vehicles use the new Advantek axles (Superduty, Colorado, etc.), including the M220 that Jeep uses and they do not refer to them as "Dana 44s". It is purely a marketing thing to give people a familiar name, and referring to the new Advantek axles as such does nothing but perpetuate confusion and misinformation.

The M210 is not the same axle as an M220, but Jeep and Dana refer to them both as "Dana 44s." You see the problem? So what are we going to call the M140, M150, M160, M170, M180, M190, M200, M230, M250, M275, and M300 then since both the M210 and M220 are apparently "Dana 44s?"

More info on Advantek axles for those who are curious:
http://global.dana.com/~/media/danac...spec-sheet.pdf

Last edited:
So do the axle shafts in a M210 or M220 have the same spline as a old D44? I know the Advantek doesn't as it's a 32 spline count, iirc?

But yes they all have different names when you did into each model.

What's even more bizarre is that Jeep has like 3-4 different axles widths and sizes depending on the model/trim.

A few demon third members have already shown their insides violently, Aloominiuminum. It's not like fca has a track record for rear axle durability and longevity. Problem is unlike ford and Chevy there aren't dozens at the junkyard to choose from. All those 5.2 5.9 and 4.7 zj's not one v8 wrangler.

I always thought the 4.7 would make a great Wrangler engine. Not a great engine in a Ram but my 02 Quad cab Dakota could get out of its own way and Grand Cherokees did alright too. Someone said the 4.7s were too wide which was the same excuse they used for the Hemi.

So do the axle shafts in a M210 or M220 have the same spline as a old D44? I know the Advantek doesn't as it's a 32 spline count, iirc?

But yes they all have different names when you did into each model.

What's even more bizarre is that Jeep has like 3-4 different axles widths and sizes depending on the model/trim.

Here's some information I pulled together in the new Bronco thread:
For comparison:
Dana 30 7.2" Ring gear 1.16" 27 spline inner shafts
M186 (Next gen Dana 30) 7.32" Ring gear 1.16" 27 spline inner shafts
M190 7.48" Ring gear 1.24" 29 spline inner shafts
Dana 35 7.56" Ring gear 1.16" 27 spline inner shafts
M200 7.87" Ring gear 1.24" 29 spline inner shafts
M210 8.27" Ring gear 1.41" 32 spline inner shafts
Dana 44 8.5" Ring gear 1.31" 30 spline inner shafts
M220 8.66" Ring gear 1.41" 32 spline inner shafts
M226 (Next gen Dana 44) 8.9" Ring gear 1.41" 32 spline inner shafts or 1.31" 30 spline inner shafts

The JK next generation Dana 44s had 32 spline shafts like the new M210 and M220 do, but only in the Rubicon. The non-rubicons used the legacy Dana44 size 30 spline shafts in their next generation Dana 44s.

FYI, the new Bronco uses an M220 rear and an independent M190 or M210 depending on whether it is equipped with a front locker or not.

Last edited:
It's like saying the new bronco isn't a bronco cause the doors won't fit a 68.....or that a super 60 isn't a 60 because I can't fit the r and p in my 79 kingpin and it has a metric pattern and hardware.

I know I would love to have an advantek 44 for my bronco 2 to replace the low pinion POS in there now...not too happy with the 9 inch either.....or the drum brakes all around.

But I get by.....of course likely end up with doodies as they are cheap as fawk.

It's like saying the new bronco isn't a bronco cause the doors won't fit a 68.....or that a super 60 isn't a 60 because I can't fit the r and p in my 79 kingpin and it has a metric pattern and hardware.

I know I would love to have an advantek 44 for my bronco 2 to replace the low pinion POS in there now...not too happy with the 9 inch either.....or the drum brakes all around.

But I get by.....of course likely end up with doodies as they are cheap as fawk.

Completely different. This would be like referring to a 5.0L Coyote as a Windsor. A Super 60 ring and pinion does interchange with non-Super 60 ring and pinions and has the same hypoid offset. Check out the Application listing: https://www.nitro-gear.com/Dana-Super-60-Reverse-Ring-Pinion-p/d60sr-488rt-ng.htm

Last edited:
Who fucking cares? None of you are buying one anyways since it is all just marketing. :rolleyes:

Completely different. This would be like referring to a 5.0L Coyote as a Windsor. A Super 60 ring and pinion does interchange with non-Super 60 ring and pinions and has the same hypoid offset. Check out the Application listing: https://www.nitro-gear.com/Dana-Super-60-Reverse-Ring-Pinion-p/d60sr-488rt-ng.htm

Yeah.....it was a rhetorical statement.

And so was 2021 bronco doors not fitting 70 bronco tubs.

There is more then 1 44 ring gear diameter as well....and thickness.....and a shit ton of front and rear d44 applications....ifs....irs too.

The 2021 bronco build sheet bought into the Jeep marketing hype.....stating the axle out back is a d44. Just like a v8 Jeep.....makes bronco cool like Jeep.

Didn't the article say full-time 2 speed tcase. That sounds like v8 grand cherokee nv249 type deal. I wouldn't think they would be dumb enough to give a normal non driving idiot 2hi in a 450hp anything "jeep" size.

That would also also help the, whatever size d44's, survive a little better.

Top Back Refresh