What's new

Jd2 model 32 vs??

RobC

Member Number
Loc
St. Louis Mo
Have had myself set on a model 32. Are there any other venders I should look at? Just looking to do manual for now.

Have had myself set on a model 32. Are there any other venders I should look at? Just looking to do manual for now.

Had a model 3 a long time ago, and just got a model 32. I have been happy with them. Part of me wishes I would have just got another model 3 so I could swap dies with buddies for odd projects(pretty much every person I know with a bender has a model 3) . On the other hand, no one can borrow my dies.

Some people like the Rouge Fab, I just didn't want to re learn after using the model 3 for so long.

Had a model 3 a long time ago, and just got a model 32. I have been happy with them. Part of me wishes I would have just got another model 3 so I could swap dies with buddies for odd projects(pretty much every person I know with a bender has a model 3) . On the other hand, no one can borrow my dies.

Some people like the Rouge Fab, I just didn't want to re learn after using the model 3 for so long.

So between the 3 and 32, which do you prefer and why?

So between the 3 and 32, which do you prefer and why?

Model 3 was plenty for 95% of what we all need a bender for. Bent 1.5"x250 a few times.

The extra beef if nice for piece of mind, but also sucks when moving around.

I only ever had the model 3 manual and the model 32 air/hydro so it's a tough comparison. Either way you can't go wrong. If you're just planning on 1.5-2.0x120 I think the model 3 is fine.

Like YotaAtieToo I had a model 3 then upgraded to a model 32.

I only did a few test bends by hand on the 3 when I figured I wouldn't make a dime bending by hand, so I did a HF air over conversion soon after.

My 32 is electric over hydraulic.

I'd recommend JD2. Made in the US and they've been around for a while.

The price difference is so small for the 32 @ $85 I can't imagine being that tight on a project to not get the extra capacity.
The Rogue Fab bender is supposed to be a great value too, and the guys are really involved in the selling of the products, but I have never used one.

if you ever think you'll be bending 2.5" tube, I don't think the model 3 will fit dies that large. the 32 will. I like the model 3 for what I do, I replaced the handle with a trailer jack and operate it with a drill.

The price difference is so small for the 32 @ $85 I can't imagine being that tight on a project to not get the extra capacity.
The Rogue Fab bender is supposed to be a great value too, and the guys are really involved in the selling of the products, but I have never used one.

That's what I thought too, but then each die is $50-100 more iirc. So it adds up. I probably could have got a model 3 and 4 dies for the same price as the model 32 and 3 dies.

I don't regret the 32, but I think I would have been perfectly happy with the 3 also.

I have a Rouge Fab 4:1 drill press kit and tube notcher. They're decent, but I've also had a few issues with them. Maybe the bender is different, but I'm glad I didn't get it.

I have a model 4. Electric/hydraulic. The stand is on casters so I can roll it wherever I want, no need to lock it down due to it being hydraulic. It's 15 years old and have never had a single problem with it. It will also bend 2.5" tube. It's heavy as all hell though.

I have the 32 with the SWAG kit on a cut up engine stand.

I went looking for dies on the jd website a few months ago and wasn't having much luck

A few vendors actually said some were discontinued.

I haven't looked again and maybe I'm wrong and just suck at searching.

There were a lot more dies for the 3 though.

I have the 32 with the SWAG kit on a cut up engine stand.

I went looking for dies on the jd website a few months ago and wasn't having much luck

A few vendors actually said some were discontinued.

I haven't looked again and maybe I'm wrong and just suck at searching.

There were a lot more dies for the 3 though.

https://www.jd2.com/model-32-bender-...#-!3!-#!2!#-!2
Seems like they are all there?

if you don't see what you're looking for on their website, call or email them. I did that a while back (I forget what size die it was, I think it was a real small CLR .75" round die), and they said they had one even though it wasn't listed.

Top Back Refresh