Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

JD Jetting Kit

toyotajeep

Member Number
Loc
Oregon
I seem to be collecting RFS era KTM's. I like them and they rip and so forth for what I do. They both have the typical thing where you leave the choke on for a long time because they leak at the mid-body gasket apparently. I am kitting one of them this week. Should be alot better after that.

I keep reading about the JD kit and how it transforms everything and so forth. Are they really that great? I can jet a bike and I am old enough to set points so.....I know I can likely get it close.

However for the easy factor and time I am contemplating buying their kit.

Are they really that great? I rarely see a bad review and honestly if it started a little better and was even faster that would be a win.

Thoughts on the kits? Experiences?

I think most folks that buy them, cant jet a bike:laughing:

On those older bikes, valve adjustments made a big difference in how they started.

I've got the book for a 520. IIRC its got a decent jetting chart in it

Last edited:
I don't buy that there's any magic sauce in those kits that you can't get by choosing the right parts from anyone else's catalog.

I don't buy that there's any magic sauce in those kits that you can't get by choosing the right parts from anyone else's catalog.
Basically this, they have a few assorted jet sizes that are usually all bigger than stock, and a couple of needles. That's about it.

I've got the book for a 520. IIRC its got a decent jetting chart in it

I lied, it dont tell much about jetting

20240505_160340.jpg

Top Back Refresh