What's new

Janet yellen to China: you’re producing too much of everything

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Those of you who love commie tools Harbor freight stores highly disagree I’m sure :flipoff2:

The 99¢ stores are closing & looks like mail order Temu is getting the blame?

Off the charts white trash!

Humors me when dollar tree/
family dollar is across the street from dollar general.
They really missed the beat by not calling these Family Dollar Tree
1712490546047.png

I'll step in to Dollar tree maybe a few times a year to pick up supplies for my rental. Other than that I avoid all of those stores like the plague. :barf:

I kinda like DG.

When I’m at my mountain shack , it saves me from having to drive all the way to town
The ones here are pretty much all disgusting and the staff are generally assholes. And almost nothing's cheaper. They change package sizing to be smaller than what you get at grocery stores so it look cheaper.

But, they also pop up in smaller towns and the sides of town that don't have nearby grocery stores so sometimes they're the best option if you need something quick.

The ones here are pretty much all disgusting and the staff are generally assholes. And almost nothing's cheaper. They change package sizing to be smaller than what you get at grocery stores so it look cheaper.

But, they also pop up in smaller towns and the sides of town that don't have nearby grocery stores so sometimes they're the best option if you need something quick.
Yeah

I’ve been in a few that looked like a tornado had hit the store inside .

Those of you who love commie tools Harbor freight stores highly disagree I’m sure :flipoff2:

I guess I will be the one to tell you. Many of your over priced “patriotic” tools are either made in China or have many parts made in China. Congrats on paying to much for commie shit:flipoff2:

Snap-on Inc. and Harbor Freight Tools USA Inc. have agreed to dismiss a lawsuit over the floor jacks sold by Harbor Freight. The terms of the settlement were not immediately disclosed publicly.

Kenosha-based Snap-on sued Harbor Freight last year, accusing the California-based company of selling floor jacks that “are substantially identical in shape and appearance” to ones sold by Snap-on. The lawsuit alleged the sale of the jacks amounted to patent and trade dress infringement and unfair competition.

Snap-on sells its 2-ton and 3-ton floor jacks for $550 to $650 while Harbor Freight offers its similar models for $199 or less.

U.S. District Court Judge Lynn Adelman ruled in January that there were similarities between the designs “the overall effect of each design on the eye of the ordinary observe is different.” Adelman at that point denied a Snap-on motion seeking a preliminary injunction against Harbor Freight.

In answering Snap-on’s complaint, Harbor Freight made a counterclaim of its own, accusing Snap-on of false and misleading advertising and seeking to stifle competition.

Harbor Freight argued Snap-on “tried to exploit patriotic leanings of some customers.”

Believing that many consumers prefer jacks made in the United States—and will not pay $550 to $650-plus for jacks made in China—Snap-on has deceptively and repeatedly told consumers that the FJ200 and FJ300 are ‘assembled in the USA,’” the Harbor Freight counter claim says.

Snap-on denied the Harbor Freight allegations, but did acknowledge some parts for the jacks are made in China.

Harbor Freight also alleged Snap-on’s jacks were made in the same factory as the Harbor Freight ones and the company’s business model is what caused a higher price. Snap-on denied those allegations in its response.

The two companies were scheduled to complete discovery in the case by mid-October.

There had been no new filings made since March, but attorneys for the two sides stipulated to the dismissal with prejudice of all claims and counterclaims in a filing made last week.

While the settlement “is confidential, what we can say is that we’re pleased with the outcome. We’re continuing to sell the Daytona jack and did not have to make any payment to Snap-On,” said Karen Denne, a Harbor Freight spokesman.

A Snap-on spokesman said the company had no comment on the settlement.

The Dollar Tree Corp announced that they are closing a thousand stores nationwide to improve profitablity. Also 2 stores in Memphis is closing due to thefts.

The Family Dollar downtown is kinda funky whilst the local Dollar Tree is clean. I buy all my energy drinks there. Once they switched to automation checkout, the little registers would deny the sale(s) due to no proof of age for the drinks (18). Finally the staff wised up & removed the "cutting edge" chicanery-

I kinda like DG.

When I’m at my mountain shack , it saves me from having to drive all the way to town

There's one on the way to my local wheeling spot in the middle of no where. Oddly convenient and next to a beer distributor.

I'll step in to Dollar tree maybe a few times a year to pick up supplies for my rental. Other than that I avoid all of those stores like the plague. :barf:
We were just talking about this last night, can't exactly remember the last time I stepped inside any type of dollar store... I believe it was to pick up beverages on a road trip in the middle of nowhere over 5 years ago. The last time I chose to go in one was when the Dollar Tree had Rip-It energy drinks and I felt like picking up a few, circa 2012.

The result of the conversation was that we were going to go to one here in town soon (we've never been inside the General or the Tree in the 5 years we've lived here) just to look around one more time.

she is complaining that they are producing too much EV components and solar panels?

The last time I chose to go in one was when the Dollar Tree had Rip-It energy drinks and I felt like picking up a few, circa 2012.
Hijack: I have never seen those in CONUS, Did they start selling them here in specific locations? I looked after I got back but haven’t seen them in stores

Hijack: I have never seen those in CONUS, Did they start selling them here in specific locations? I looked after I got back but haven’t seen them in stores
Some Dollar Trees in CO do. The one in Canon City and the one in Woodland Park do, the one in Salida doesn't. I go to Dollar Trees just for the 1.25 energy drinks now and then. And sometimes none of them have them.

ETA: An odd thing I've noticed at Dollar Trees lately is they are mostly hiring young male clerks. Some weird ones too.

Last edited:
Only one bar with a population of 300? :lmao: Shit the next town over has a population of 159 and it has 2 in town :lmao: Need to correct that 3 bars :lmao: I forgot one.
My home town which last I looked was still under 7k residents has easily a dozen bars and no less than 150 wineries and distilleries within 50 miles. Wonder why we all grew up drinking? :laughing:

They just got their first dollar general and dollar tree I hear. We had an 88¢ store in town growing up. :smokin:

When the town was founded in the mid 1800s there was 3 churches 8 bars, 7 whore houses and a school.

Top Back Refresh