What's new

Jack stands

No except the 12 ton hf's are holding up the front of my rig.
20210224_083202.jpg

hey man youve been quiet. hows you and your girl doing?

Depends on what girl...

Got a dream gig training pet dogs contracting to a company in sf and working sport dogs. COVID hit and there were no dogs. Had to figure something out. Got a job as a catalyst technician working in refinery’s. I’ve been in quite a few and in a good amount of reactors. Met a girl that’s too good for me. Took her snow wheelin and got her knocked up in a cabin. Married her 1-1-21. I worked 7/12s so I had no time for anything. I applied to water treatment plants for OIT positions a while ago and after my first interview with Orville, I was invited for a tour on the plant and to meet the crew. I’ll make less money but it will provide a better life for my son. Back to wheelin!

Depends on what girl...

Got a dream gig training pet dogs contracting to a company in sf and working sport dogs. COVID hit and there were no dogs. Had to figure something out. Got a job as a catalyst technician working in refinery’s. I’ve been in quite a few and in a good amount of reactors. Met a girl that’s too good for me. Took her snow wheelin and got her knocked up in a cabin. Married her 1-1-21. I worked 7/12s so I had no time for anything. I applied to water treatment plants for OIT positions a while ago and after my first interview with Orville, I was invited for a tour on the plant and to meet the crew. I’ll make less money but it will provide a better life for my son. Back to wheelin!

he was probably asking about tinder eyebrow girl :flipoff2:

I dont know if I would trust HF... however, how can you screw up a jack stand.. lol

I’ve got HF jacks stands holding up a 5000 lb Jeep and a 2000 pound RZR right now. 3 pair of the old orange ones and I’ve used them to hold up my 8000# trucks before. I just got some of the new HF 3 tons a couple days ago that are all cast aluminum with no welding. Will be paying close attention to them.

I never pay much attention to jack stands at certain friend's houses..

however about 10 years ago, a good friend got crushed to death.. they kept the details private, so I heard different versions..

No except the 12 ton hf's are holding up the front of my rig.

What scares me the most about that pic is that there is no lumber under the stands. If you try that here the soil will collapse either sooner or later.
I know a guy that put his little Honda on stands, on the dirt. A few minutes later the ground gave and broke most of the bones in his hand when the rotor and control arm landed on his hand.:laughing:

2 days late. A few weeks ago I tried to order 3 sets of 12 ton jacks stands off of EBay from 3 different vendors. NONE of them had any in stock or could get any from the supplier. Fucking irritating to say the least. I ended up getting a couple of sets of 6 ton stands from Walmart. There were no injuries reported from the 12 ton Harbor Freight stands buy they pulled them anyway. I looked into it. 6 people were injured by the 6 ton stands and 5 by the 3 ton set.

2 days late. A few weeks ago I tried to order 3 sets of 12 ton jacks stands off of EBay from 3 different vendors. NONE of them had any in stock or could get any from the supplier. Fucking irritating to say the least. I ended up getting a couple of sets of 6 ton stands from Walmart. There were no injuries reported from the 12 ton Harbor Freight stands buy they pulled them anyway. I looked into it. 6 people were injured by the 6 ton stands and 5 by the 3 ton set.

I didn’t see the breakdown of injuries but I saw that no failures were reported from the 12 ton. I believe I was successful in ordering a set from amazon. I’m down in Coalinga wising family so I am unaware if they were delivered. I’ve been held up waiting on jackstands for months. Normally I’m waiting on parts, not tools.

I usually have the jack higher that I'm comfortable with. I picked up a bunch on these when they had then a bit cheaper. 60ea iirc. Only rated at 2500lbs, but they feel allot safer at height.

And they are handy for everything. I first bought 4, then shortly after that another 6 more.

https://www.amazon.com/Sumner-Manufa...91812054244-20

Last edited:
Hazard Fraught doesn't make their own jack stands, they buy them from the same Chinese company who makes almost every other Chinese jack stand on the market. So even if you return all the HF stands you have, what will you replace them with? Another Chinese stand that was made right beside the HF units and then painted a different color?

I have yet to return all 8 of my HF stands for a refund. None of them were in the original recall, and none have been questionable. Not sure if there is a better replacement option that isn't twice the price.

What scares me the most about that pic is that there is no lumber under the stands. If you try that here the soil will collapse either sooner or later.
I know a guy that put his little Honda on stands, on the dirt. A few minutes later the ground gave and broke most of the bones in his hand when the rotor and control arm landed on his hand.:laughing:

It's like 12" of packed roadbase. For the smaller stands I throw some plywood under them.

Top Back Refresh