What's new

IWB Holsters

Warm up the kydex to fix the pinching.
Also aid in retention of the magazine.
Try heat/press it till cooled down.
Careful about heating 1 spot long it will get melty pdfq

Look up wedge and claw, to get diy ideas.

I have quite a few g-code holsters they have excellent finish and quality. Recently got a few Muddy River Tactical holsters and they are okay for the price.

Anybody tried one of these? Supposed to be rounder more comfortable shape to the kydex.

Ive carried a 1911 in a Milt Sparks IWB

I really liked my Milt Sparks holster and still have it.

I got a Lew Alessi IWB holster about 15 years ago and that's all I've used since.

KIMG0293.JPG

KIMG0295.JPG

I use this. No way in hell would I want a dinner plate sized piece of plastic jammed into my waistband.

Attachments

• 702CA45D-12A1-4188-AB80-51071D3C8C40.jpeg
    702CA45D-12A1-4188-AB80-51071D3C8C40.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
I've run Crossbreed's AIWB and liked it, the leather back instead of kydex is more comfortable. My everyday setup since I switched carry guns is a T.Rex Arms Sidecar, once adjusted to my liking it's been fine. It does hot-spot if I sit down for a really long time but that's about it, appendix carrying a G19 with a TLR-1.

Least comfortable holster I have is the cheap Bladetech that I bought to carry my J-frame, it is impressive how it can make such a tiny gun so annoying to carry.

Anybody tried one of these? Supposed to be rounder more comfortable shape to the kydex.

I have the certum 3, I shaped and added me own pad. I carry a govt 1911 all day with it

Fucking Christ $105! I think I paid $30 for mine.

A couple that I like: Crossbreed worn just behind my hip ( appendix carry is out for me, I lke beer) I forget it is even there most of the time.
When out jeeping I use a JM4Tactical Click & Carry, behind hip or cross draw or stuck to the dash of the CJ

I have a Vedder LightTuck for my 365XL that I Appendix carry. Comfortable and works well, I use the optional claw to help keep it a little tighter to my body. Only thing I would suggest is using a bit of blue Loctite on the retention screw as it would loosen over several months of use. Once I put a drop of Loctite on it, never had that issue again.

I got a Lew Alessi IWB holster about 15 years ago and that's all I've used since.

KIMG0293.JPG

KIMG0295.JPG
No issues with the exposed mag release button? I will assume no. I had a somewhat similar IWB holster for my G30. Tossed it because sometimes the mag would become unseated by the release being inadvertently depressed. Food for thought for someone looking at any IWB holster.

No issues with the exposed mag release button? I will assume no. I had a somewhat similar IWB holster for my G30. Tossed it because sometimes the mag would become unseated by the release being inadvertently depressed. Food for thought for someone looking at any IWB holster.

I've never had any problems with the mag release since I've had the holster.

Just orderd a crossbreed iwb
I've run Crossbreed's AIWB and liked it, the leather back instead of kydex is more comfortable. My everyday setup since I switched carry guns is a T.Rex Arms Sidecar, once adjusted to my liking it's been fine. It does hot-spot if I sit down for a really long time but that's about it, appendix carrying a G19 with a TLR-1.

Least comfortable holster I have is the cheap Bladetech that I bought to carry my J-frame, it is impressive how it can make such a tiny gun so annoying to carry.
Just orderd a crossbrteed iwb for a new xdm elite 3.8. Thanks for the recommendation.

After the aforementioned issues, the fact that this holster just fell apart the other day, and the ****y customer service not even willing to send out replacement screws, I am really not happy with 4 bros.

Thier website sucks and is confusing on what youre orderimg vs what is pictured. Since I added the wing he also three in that warranty doesn't cover any holsters that have been modified. Really? Bolting on your own part is considered modifing? :homer:

So cliff notes:

Didn't receive what I wanted due to confusing website

Payed extra to add it after

Magazine holster fits very loose and is larger than necessary

Holster is longer than necessary and has abrubt edge that digs into your groin

Holster falls apart and they even send you screws after 30 days :homer:

Also one of the more expensive holsters on the market

Last edited:
Four Bros. was the cheaper one of two places that sold the holster I required. Holster fits my EDC (P365 w/RMR, tall sights and light) very well, but, the screws do work loose. I Loctited (blue) them, no issues since. I also had to grind a small area away that kept depressing the mag release randomly. So, no, not a perfect holster.

With that said, I have an older holster (fits a G30) that has the screws/bushings/retainers I think you're talking about. If you want 'em I'll send 'em.

Four Bros. was the cheaper one of two places that sold the holster I required. Holster fits my EDC (P365 w/RMR, tall sights and light) very well, but, the screws do work loose. I Loctited (blue) them, no issues since. I also had to grind a small area away that kept depressing the mag release randomly. So, no, not a perfect holster.

With that said, I have an older holster (fits a G30) that has the screws/bushings/retainers I think you're talking about. If you want 'em I'll send 'em.

Thanks, but I got it figured out.

kramer makes nice shit. Have a couple owb holsters and they are my favorite so far

I ran a Crossbreed Supertuck with horsehide leather and the combat cut with my XD9SC for years. Most comfortable holster I tried. The retention is not as great as a full kydex holster but I kept my belt tight enough that it was not going to fall out

Currently AIWB a P10C with a Trex Sidecar

KIMG0293.JPG

KIMG0295.JPG
Neatsfoot oil that sucka! Leather is drying out. Inside and out.

Anyone have experience with the new UrbanHolster (or whatever) holster? Entire gun sits in a sleeve below your waist/behind pants with a flap over the belt that you pull and the gun rises up to meet your shooting hand. Looks kinda comfortable.

What about them?
The horse hide versions are what they specialize in. They are thin yet very sturdy. They are the best holster I have ever worn and now the only IWB holster I use on a daily basis. I have one built for a 1911 commander (#2) and it carries my 4" and 3" 1911's as well as a P365XL. Another (#5) built for a HK USP with a red dot and also carries my USP Compact. Another (#2) built for a SW 586L-Comp revolver and it carries a Kimber K6 2" perfectly. These three holsters cover everything I carry year round.

The quality of these holsters are such that I probably won't need another holster, ever.

IMG_20230323_165713072_HDR.jpg

Got this from Craft Holsters for my new revolver. VERY happy with the quality. The fit is perfect. I know OWB but the offer IWB also.

I bought two Craft holsters. One was acceptable for my 4" 686 for a cheap holster. The other was for my Kimber CDP II 1911 and was a total shit show. Couldn't carry in Condition 1 because the strap was in the wrong place. Without the strap, the sides of the holster would push the ambo safety off. Quality was poor. It took me month of back-and-forth emails before they finally refunded me the money after I told them I was going to dispute it on my CC. This was after they agreed it wasn't right for the gun and them offering partial refunds. Then they wanted me to ship the holster back to them in Russia. I told them to come and pick it up if they wanted it back.

You can see the stamping in the leather to match the guns is poor in these pics. The darker holster is for the Kimber and there is no way to carry the pistol as God intended 1911's to be carried.
20210205_111442.jpg

20210205_112012.jpg

I ended up cutting off the strap and drilling out the snap trying to make use of it, then threw the holster in my gun stuff cabinet and haven't picked it up since.

I'm glad you had good luck with them.

Last edited:
I bought two Craft holsters. One was acceptable for my 4" 686 for a cheap holster. The other was for my Kimber CDP II 1911 and was a total shit show. Couldn't carry in Condition 1 because the strap was in the wrong place. Without the strap, the sides of the holster would push the ambo safety off. Quality was poor. It took me month of back-and-forth emails before they finally refunded me the money after I told them I was going to dispute it on my CC. This was after they agreed it wasn't right for the gun and them offering partial refunds. Then they wanted me to ship the holster back to them in Russia. I told them to come and pick it up if they wanted it back.

You can see the stamping in the leather to match the guns is poor in these pics. The darker holster is for the Kimber and there is no way to carry the pistol as God intended 1911's to be carried.
20210205_111442.jpg

20210205_112012.jpg

I ended up cutting off the strap and drilling out the snap trying to make use of it, then threw the holster in my gun stuff cabinet and haven't picked it up since.

I'm glad you had good luck with them.
Well shit... I'm glad my first experience was good. Thanks for the reply. I will check more carefully in the future.

Top Back Refresh