What's new

Is this the beginning in the middle east?

nahmus

Refugee from syrup
Member Number
Loc
East Coast
At least 32 killed as first suicide bombing in nearly 2 years rocks Baghdad

CNN)Twin suicide bombs rocked a busy market in central Baghdad on Thursday morning, killing at least 32 people and injuring 110 others, according to officials and state media.

Security forces say they pursued the two attackers before they blew themselves up. It was the first suicide attack to strike Baghdad in nearly two years.
The first bomber entered the marketplace and, pretending to be sick, asked for help, causing people to gather around him before he blew himself up, according to officials and state media. The second bomber then drove to the scene on a motorbike before detonating his explosive vest.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, though it bears the hallmarks of Sunni jihadi groups who have carried out numerous similar attacks in Iraq.Double bombings were common in the country during the height of its sectarian war between 2005 and 2007."The twin terrorist bombings against the safe citizens of Baghdad at this time confirm the attempts and endeavors by dark groups to target the national needs and aspirations of the Iraqi people for a peaceful future," Iraqi President Barham Salih said in a tweet. "We stand firmly against these rogue attempts to destabilize our country," he added.
A view shows the site of the suicide attack in Baghdad on January 21, 2021.

A US embassy in Baghdad statement called the attack "a reprehensible act of cowardice that underscores the dangers of terrorism that millions of Iraqis continue to face."
"We extend our condolences to the families of these victims, and hope for the swift recovery of those who were injured," said the statement on the US embassy in Baghdad's Facebook page.
The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) also condemned the bombing. "Such a despicable act will not weaken Iraq's march towards stability and prosperity," UNAMI said in a statement on its Facebook page. "Our sincere condolences to the families of the deceased, and we wish the injured a speedy recovery."
Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi has held an emergency meeting with top security officers at the Baghdad Operations Command headquarters. Kadhimi, who is backed by the US, is also the Commander in Chief of the Iraqi armed forces.
Despite seeing a decrease in violence in recent years, Iraq continues to host numerous armed groups.Iraq's Iran-backed armed groups have been accused of regularly mounting attacks against US positions, namely the US embassy, over the last year, leading to rising tensions in a country grappling with a coronavirus outbreak and economic turmoil.
Pope Francis is set to travel to Iraq for a three-day trip this March. He plans to visit Baghdad as well as other parts of the country linked to biblical sites, such as the plains of Ur and Nineveh.

CNN's Mohammed Tawfeeq also contributed to this report from Atlanta.

It began with Turkey backed Azerbajan attack on Armenia in August/September. Lot of things shifted there since, we will see long term what happens.

Saw that :sadpanda:

Iran was pretty explicit about "don't do no hood rat shit during trump's off the wall transition" and even slapped some peepee's over some minor stuff ~a month ago.

Day fawking 1, back to it. but dang, this ended up going way bigger than i think anybody expected. This has got to be 3x the size of the last few major bombings/attacks in iraq.

Waiting to see how trump gets blamed

Don't hold your breath he will I can already hear the message.

The reckless withdrawl of troops by the last adminstration has allowed this situation to develop, so I am directing the pentagon to immediately reinforce our people with a force of 10,000 troops

The sad part about this all the "Trump was awesome because he didn't start any new wars" crowd will be cheering when the tanks roll into to yet another country there. When the first city gets bombed in Iran, half this board will blow their load all over their keyboards.

The sad part about this all the "Trump was awesome because he didn't start any new wars" crowd will be cheering when the tanks roll into to yet another country there. When the first city gets bombed in Iran, half this board will blow their load all over their keyboards.

i will not be one of those people. I spent way too much time in that part of the world to celebrate putting any more of our troops there.

Fuck no. We need to stop wasting blood and treasure in the M.E.

I think you're completely wrong. Most people do not want our noses stuck into that shit.

Trump making us energy independent let them know we do not have an interest in protecting your oil supply.

Now with the Ds back in control and already making us dependent once again....

That's a pretty sick statement to make and Imy guess is the service members on this board won't appreciate it.

Jeebus Dude, why did you let Gary use your login. :flipoff2:

That is almost word for word the way he swoops in and broad brushes people here.

Fuck no. We need to stop wasting blood and treasure in the M.E.

The reason we have to is because of the petrodollar. If we stop, the dollar will no longer be the worlds reserve currency and the American way of life becomes obsolete for most.
granted, the dollar is already in collapse anyway.

Trump making us energy independent let them know we do not have an interest in protecting your oil supply.

But but but with the green new deal we don’t need any oil😂

That's a pretty sick statement to make and Imy guess is the service members on this board won't appreciate it.

Nah, we ignore him already. I'm in that crowd of trump supporters that was happy he was pulling us out of there, and a veteran. I won't be liking more boots heading over there, let the goat fuckers figure it out on their own. I bet that is the major consensus here. (?)

I think you're completely wrong. Most people do not want our noses stuck into that shit.

The Dems need a war badly. It will serve to prop up the dollar a little while longer. Many $trillions will have to be invented to keep the economy and financial assets inflated to perpetuate the wealth effect of a high DOW and inflated home prices. We added $5 trillion in 2020 and I expect that to double in ‘21. We need another crisis for sure. Terror attack, war or pandemic. Or something else we don’t expect. But it will be something bigger than Covid.

Most regular citizens dont want our nose stuck back in. Its only the politi After Trump refused to bomb Iran after they shot our drone we quickly saw how all the Democrats are the warmongers. He was a bad POTUS for not invading Iran...

Nope, now that the machines has an approved captain again our troops will be used as cannon fader again. :mad3:

Well I hate seeing them get fucked up in shit holes for basically no reason what so ever, but look at the past ME skirmishes in this board and PBB and you how quickly people flip here. It's just calling out the hypocracy of my team good, other team bad, until it's blowing counties up then we all seem to come together for some reason.

But it's true!:flipoff2:

Not for 90% of the men and women I know. Maybe the 16-25 year old crowd. Sure testosterone is a hell of a drug. But most of my friends are either active/former military or the kids of retired military, myself included in the last group. None tgat I know of want war, NONE. They want to be home and only fight when attacked. These proxy wars are old:mad3:

Not for 90% of the men and women I know. Maybe the 16-25 year old crowd. Sure testosterone is a hell of a drug. But most of my friends are either active/former military or the kids of retired military, myself included in the last group. None tgat I know of want war, NONE. They want to be home and only fight when attacked. These proxy wars are old:mad3:

I was talking the general populace here and specifically historicaly of this demographic itself. Of course service members don't want to go get fucked up in some cluster fuck of a civil war in some dump that we are funding both sides of.

I'll bump this thread and add it when all the flag emojis are popping up when the bombs start falling on Iran.

Hell people were ecstatic when we drones that general.

I was happy to deploy for OEF because of 9/11.

I was happy to deploy for OIF because I was hopeful that removing Saddam would mean a drawdown of our forces. After I realized that wasn’t going to happen my mind was changed.

I admit I was for it, look at all the news stories... Since then the truth has come out Cheny and his puppet Bush need to be tried as war criminals, along with everyone in their adminstration:mad3::mad3:

*Puts tinfoil hat on*

We need a new bad guy for the US, I doubt all the suicide bombers stopped while Trump was in office. The media just had Trumps balls in the back of their throat to care or report on them. Shift the focus is my wild ass guess

I admit I was for it, look at all the news stories... Since then the truth has come out Cheney and his puppet Bush need to be tried as war criminals, along with everyone in their adminstration:mad3::mad3:

well said :smokin:

*Puts tinfoil hat on*

We need a new bad guy for the US, I doubt all the suicide bombers stopped while Trump was in office. The media just had Trumps balls in the back of their throat to care or report on them. Shift the focus is my wild ass guess

External threat always unites. Exactly why Maduro yells at America all the time. His problems CANT be internal! :laughing:

i don't think that's accurate...

Top Back Refresh