What's new

Is there an APP for that?

DozerDan82

Master of the Universe!!!
Member Number
Loc
3rd Rock From the Big Ball of Fire
Looked at some properties today. I want to go back and walk them more this weekend. I was wondering if there is a survey/elevation-topo type app.

I looked on my phone and some things popped up, but figured I would see what people are using.

One lot is 2.7 acres and looks like it drops off pretty good (was very over grown and I was in work clothes), the other is 4.5 acres and seems much flatter, but still on a pitch.

I figure if I am going to walk them I might as well gain something from it.

Anyone use anything ? Apple phone if it matters.

you do want some pitch to it
around here at least the only flat land is swampy, and most places get all hot under the collar about you ditching out the shit

onx has topo, landowner info (parcels, taxpayer contact info, acreage, survey lines), trails and allowed usage use (hike bike, ohv) etc. I use the hell outtah it.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
onx has topo, landowner info (parcels, taxpayer contact info, acreage, survey lines), trails and allowed usage use (hike bike, ohv) etc. I use the hell outtah it.

I assume you have a paid version? If so which one? Thanks

I'm a big fan of the county run GIS information maps. haven't found a place that doesn't run a decent one yet but i'm sure there are places out there that don't.

I use land glide. It’s free for a few days then it’s 100 a year. It gives all the property information, tax crap satellite views, and topo maps. For what I do it’s worth it. This was today’s use showing where my dump truck driver to go dump some stone lol.
Click image for larger version Name:	A172D3B6-4C59-4B7E-9C73-1817373B8187.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	504.1 KB ID:	133307

Last edited:
I used mapover pro. Easy to use and overlay survey maps over Google/Bing/topo/ etc.

On x is what i use as well.

They did have a promo code on Born and Raised Outdoors. You might check to see if it still works.

looked at onX, pretty cool but property lines look off a bit. like 10' or so. is it supposed to be super accurate? even county parcel maps show the same. i know where 2 of my property corners are, they dont match up to the maps.

I gave the On X app a go today. All in all it was very helpful. Sides of the property are lines with stone walls, and it was spot on there. Was nice to see where everything actually was. Waiting for some stuff from the realtor, then I need to price out building vs modular as well as if I can even get a modular/crane back there affordably.

If everything pans out I think I am going to put an offer in on the land.

looked at onX, pretty cool but property lines look off a bit. like 10' or so. is it supposed to be super accurate? even county parcel maps show the same. i know where 2 of my property corners are, they dont match up to the maps.

I compare it to a known corner or marker and figure out which direction and how far off it is and just use it as a reference from there. The one thing I have found walking a ton of different property's is it is always consistent when you go back to your starting point.

Top Back Refresh