What's new

Is there a 4-1/2" grinder that you can reverse rotation of wheel?

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
Ok so many many times I'm cutting things on trucks with a 4-1/2" angle grinder and cutting from wrong direction so it wants to kick or blowing sparks directly at you. I'd assume it would need a left hand threaded but to keep that tight but it would be handy on some jobs to have.

So is there any 4-1/2" angle grinders that rotate the opposite direction from standard?

No clue if the brand is any good or not, but looks like it uses some kind of locking hub instead of just a threaded nut so you don't have to worry about it spinning off. You'd obviously be limited to non-threaded discs and couldn't use flap disks or any other directional disk.

I wonder if you could mod a cheap grinder to spin the other way.
Assuming they are induction motors, swap start polarity.
reversing13.jpg

My buddy has one that you can clock the head every 90*. It was when ryobi was still blue tools but not sure. I’ve never seen them anywhere.

My buddy has one that you can clock the head every 90*. It was when ryobi was still blue tools but not sure. I’ve never seen them anywhere.
Snapon low pro does it but it sucks as a grinder.

Most grinders are a square bolt pattern and i have seen a few that peole have flopped over.

Snapon low pro does it but it sucks as a grinder.

Most grinders are a square bolt pattern and i have seen a few that peole have flopped over.
I know most grinders can be clocked by unbolting and rotating and rebolting. His had a button that you push and it would rotate when you wanted

I prefer the sparks to shoot at me. The grinder launches the opposite direction of the sparks.
This. Way easier to hold one in tension than one that's pushing at you. But OP's still got tight space fitment issues that probably won't address.

Rotating the head around the motor isn't making the wheel spin the other way.

What are you guys smoking?
Point of view. Its not spinning the other way on the axle, but it's throwing sparks the other way if you flip the axle to the other side.

un5zbvijLHfQoFmLgUL_wHl1jvPBpCZ1ehCE8gehY&usqp=CAU.jpg

1701994074449.jpeg

Point of view. Its not spinning the other way on the axle, but it's throwing sparks the other way if you flip the axle to the other side.
But that won't solve the problem of the head not fitting in places with the blade on that side of it.

Have DeWalt batteries? They have a battery cutoff tool that goes both ways. Pretty decent little unit from what I've seen.

Top Back Refresh