What's new

irate mobile apps - v2

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
I went ahead and pushed the mobile apps live to get feedback from you all.... again. When I did it the other day they announced a update to the software so I pulled the post down again to get that pushed, so give it a try.

You should be able to search for ‘irate4x4’ in the Android or Apple store to find them or use the icons in the header near the FB icon.

I had a long post all typed out about these, but I felt l was guiding you towards my thoughts/opinions about them, so I nixed it and am going to sit and read the feedback here.

The two issues you’ll see right off the bat are:
  1. There is a bug that causes attachments to appear cropped. A fix is supposedly in the works, but VB doesn’t have a predictable development lifecycle like most respected software companies, so they just release updates …. whenever they feel like it. It’s a sit and wait thing.
  2. The apps ignore our beloved custom emojis

(Untitled)

is a white background on yhe android app as well. password reset things are super fucky.

4th problem
cannot find on google play store

Screenshot_20200718-153419_Google Play Store.jpg

When I tried it the other day, I kept getting notifications about new posts chiming on my phone.
Obviously I could go into phone settings and revoke permissions for the app, but I'd rather be able to change settings in the app. Couldn't find any.

Austin does the APP want to see into your contacts etc ?

Most apps want permissions to data mine your device, which to me is a big NOPE for downloading it.

Thx

Scrolling through threads than span multiple pages the app freezes up when I get to the next page. On an iPhone if it matters.

Austin does the APP want to see into your contacts etc ?

Most apps want permissions to data mine your device, which to me is a big NOPE for downloading it.

Thx

if only there was a link in the app description on the play website that said "permissions" that told you all that shit.

Figured da big bossman would know, maybe not. BFD.

Homey dont play dat.

Cant figure what they want my contacts and other assorted stuff for anyway..

Mining and selling.

I was able to dl the app on my Ip4s opening it causes the app to immediately crash and close :lmao:

Top Back Refresh