What's new

into the wild bus GONE!

I know the story. I'm a fan of what he did up until he got himself killed in a place he could've walked out of. It's not his fault he was born into an overbearing affluent white family in the burbs, he was trying to break free from that curse. He lived more in the 2 years he was missing than most people calling him a dumbass will in an entire lifetime. As dumb a mistakes as it was to starve to death up there, anyone who went on a pilgrimage to see the bus in his memory and got in a rescue situation is infinitely more dumb. How much more literal of a warning could his story be that that remote part of the world is not a walk in a park.

That white guilt will get ya every time. Guess he showed his parents.

I could've swore it was because all the backlash he got for posting video of them shooting the bus up

Dusty said a goodbye when he deleted all his content and and logged out of pbb for good. He said that the Internet was ruining the place where he lived and loved. That the only way to prolong the seclusion from the rest of the world was to stop making it look like a cool destination. I don’t think he gave a shit what people thought of them shooting the bus up. The thread was alive for another year or more after they shot out the rest of the glass. IIRC he didn’t even respond to the backlash.

UA went there last year but didn’t attempt to cross the river.

Would have been cool to visit, not as a tribute but a cool destination on vacation.

Story I read that it’s being stored until a decision can be made what to do with it.

I'm only upset they didn't do it the right way and IRoadkill the fucker out of there. :frown:

About how many days can your average healthy person last as food? :flipoff2:

Stephen King and Cormac McCarthy have both explored this idea.

King has a guy eating his own body while stranded on a desert isle with several kilos of heroin and nothing to eat.

McCarthy has humans keeping each other as cattle during an Apocalypse, in one instance, humans kept alive while body parts are lopped off. That was in The Road. McCarthy explores this earlier in Blood Meridian, when a small group of men are trapped in a presidio by the Indians, keeping a snake-bit horse alive so the flesh wouldn't rot. That's actually not uncommon in terms of being a subsistence or single-family farmer like Little House on the Prairie. If your food stock leftover from the fall sales start getting sick, you have to separate them and keep them alive as long as possible otherwise you're going to be on corn meal after January. Then your kids get rickets and scurvy caused by all that White Privilege.

That white guilt will get ya every time. Guess he showed his parents.

And why wouldn't a white kid have existential angst especially if he was smart? Some of us pay attention in school, you know.

You get told nothing but the idea that your race is bad, while being told at the same time that race doesn't count. If you think that doesn't matter I'd be happy to link my posts about Deaths of Despair in the suicide thread, which I got insulted and hated on for btw. IN a thread where the guy clearly died a Death of Despair, people insulted ME for calling it what it was.

That's how pervasive the self-hated brainwashing is.

The retard even wrote in his diary that he got sick from the seeds yet he continued to eat them. :homer:

I've done that fasting, most I made it was about 80 hours.... and yeah I can see that after a couple of weeks I would eat poisonous seeds. I would eat rotting flesh off of my own body after a certain point, anyone will.

That was somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 years ago. I could be smoking crack and FOS.

That was a long thread; wasn't it?

If so; chances are great the thread ebbed and flowed through various directions.

Two definite directions I remember was shooting up the rig, and the other being all the rescues from people getting stranded/lost/injured.

I think a third direction was a lot of PBB'ers wanting to hike out to it, and how they would do it.

I could've swore it was because all the backlash he got for posting video of them shooting the bus up
That's how I remember it too

Found em, straight from the horses mouth. Now, that doesn't mean it's the truth.

Its a combination of things. Some I can not talk about. I just don't want to advertise to people that won't respect where I go. If I came to your town and wheeled trails you showed me I wouldn't be an asshole. I would care for the place. All of us have places we wheel we hold sacred. Some more than others. It's not about the trucks as much as being able to enjoy those places and knowing we can keep them ours. Some trails just need to be a place where you can go recreate or hunt and not worry about 4000 other people knowing. I know this all sounds 180 degrees from how I have operated in the past. No one ever came to wheel. Well now I am seeing more signs in the past two years and they aren't respectful signs. I know in the past I have talked about hardcore wheeling but honestly I am probably the poster child for tread lightly 90% of the time. It's taken years to relearn that I don't need to tear up my rig to be a badass. Going to places no one has seen and hardly leaving a track for others to see is badass and takes skill. I wheel to see things and experience places and the beauty more than to challenge my rig. I wheel the way I sniper gets to his target. Snipers are badass and you never hear about them.

Thank you. I think the end of the unlimited Top Truck Challenge has something to do with it. Put the focus more on wheeling than building a destruction machine. I know that sounds bad but in some ways it is the truth. I know that I don't need to destroy to get to the places I want to go. I never have. I don't wheel like they do in TTC. Never have. As long as I am smart. The 54's Have made a huge difference. Been stuck two time in 4 years. And the first time I wasn't really stuck. I can go pretty much anywhere I point my truck. Just don't need to post pictures proving it anymore.

Original thread. Y'alls turn?
https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/wh...hread.1085296/

Found em, straight from the horses mouth. Now, that doesn't mean it's the truth.

Original thread. Y'alls turn?
https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/wh...hread.1085296/

show me the og thread before he got butthurt and went on a delete rampage because of getting shit for shootin it up, before trying to cover his ass. I know because I was one of the people that wtf'ed him and went rounds because he thought it is ok to shoot it up leaving a mess out there and then saying it is ok for him to but not out of towners.

show me the og thread before he got butthurt and went on a delete rampage because of getting shit for shootin it up, before trying to cover his ass. I know because I was one of the people that wtf'ed him and went rounds because he thought it is ok to shoot it up leaving a mess out there and then saying it is ok for him to but not out of towners.

I don't doubt you, and he HGTD that shit so it's gone. Hence why I said his last words might not be the truth.

So how did the bus get there in the first place? This is the fist I've heard of it. Yes, I lead a sheltered life. (insert middle finger here)

So how did the bus get there in the first place? This is the fist I've heard of it. Yes, I lead a sheltered life. (insert middle finger here)

Per the Wikipedia page it got dragged in behind a bulldozer. Had a broken rear axle, so it didn't get dragged back out like the rest did.

Aaron Z

It's about time that was a issue up there for awhile probably should have been pulled out during the filming of that movie. I only wheeled there once and had two younger guys ride out on the back of my truck they were wiped out and thank full. There was a company with jeeps and sxs doing rentals which might have added to the traffic issues it was guided from what I remember they didn't go to the bus but other trails in that area. I'm guessing the Alaska Museum of Transportation may get it was a Fairbanks city bus probably driven out there for a moose camp when everything was frozen over.

It's about time that was a issue up there for awhile probably should have been pulled out during the filming of that movie. I only wheeled there once and had two younger guys ride out on the back of my truck they were wiped out and thank full. There was a company with jeeps and sxs doing rentals which might have added to the traffic issues it was guided from what I remember they didn't go to the bus but other trails in that area. I'm guessing the Alaska Museum of Transportation may get it was a Fairbanks city bus probably driven out there for a moose camp when everything was frozen over.

Didn't the filming of Alaska Off Road Warriors have a large impact of the traffic in that neighborhood?
Didn't Dusty mention off camera treading unlightly? By both competitors and local recovery/guides.
Maybe I'm thinking of the retards from Top Gear America?

About how many days can your average healthy person last as food?

Russia had to endure the famine of 1921-1922, so family members had to resort to eating each other. Something like the local butcher(s) were in it also-

Didn't the filming of Alaska Off Road Warriors have a large impact of the traffic in that neighborhood?
Didn't Dusty mention off camera treading unlightly? By both competitors and local recovery/guides.
Maybe I'm thinking of the retards from Top Gear America?

I'm not sure I watched the show but don't remember them going up there. I do remember something about a issue out at kink river access lots of dumb shit happens out there not that makes it ok some people just don't care about trashing the few places left to go wheeling at.

From what I read, it was pulled in for workers to sleep in when they were building an access road and was left after they finished.

From what I remember, the berries weren’t exactly poisonous. They inhibited the digestion of any other foods. So by eating the berries, he starved himself because he couldn’t survive on the food he was eating.

From what I remember, the berries weren’t exactly poisonous. They inhibited the digestion of any other foods. So by eating the berries, he starved himself because he couldn’t survive on the food he was eating.

Going from memory here:

The jury isn't totally out on that. He was eating what he thought was a "wild potato seed", which normally would be suitable for consumption. Now, he may have been, or he was eating a very similar looking plant/seed that causes interruptions to nervous function, specially when in a calorically reduced state. The Germans/Poles had experimented with putting concentration camp prisoners on a diet of bread made from that seed and noted that specifically young men were crippled by it first. It effectively paralyzed them prior to death, but the initial onset was weakness and loss of muscle control/stamina, which would be consistent with what the deceased wrote in his diary prior to death. The other theory is that the seeds were in fact the wild potato seeds, but he stored them in plastic bags without drying them first and they developed mold. Mold is never ideal for consumption, again it will suppress the nervous system, and that is especially so if you're in a calorically reduced situation (AKA starvation).

Again, that's by memory. Autopsy stated starvation because obviously that was the main issue, although it might well have been the result of loss of nervous function which left him unable to feed himself.

Top Back Refresh