What's new

International space station

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Has anyone caught it passing overhead? I’ve caught it the last 4 nights in a row. It’s visible for about 20 seconds as it’s tearing by at 17,500 mph.

Last edited:
The GF and I go to Dewey beach every fall just offseason (except the year of COVID). Dogs are allowed on the beach off leash. We’ve seen the Space Station the past three years sitting on the beach after dark. The GF has the Star Walk app on her iPad. You point it at the stars and it identifies constellations and also tracks the Space Station—so you know where to look when it’s zooming by. It’s awesome to see that light flashing by in the sky.

4 nights in a row? Does that seem normal? I didn't think it's path would allow that. There is an app that tracks it. Iss tracker or some crap.

We saw it a Sunday night. It looked like it had a satellite trailing behind it.

My wife and I sit out on our front porch every evening when its nice out and I see it go by quite often, just saw it last night as a matter of fact - we watch for satellites as well (something I've done since I was a kid). I use the Skyview app on my phone and tablet for that and for aircraft I use the Flight Radar24 app.

4 nights in a row? Does that seem normal? I didn't think it's path would allow that. There is an app that tracks it. Iss tracker or some crap.

The post above yours explains everything.:flipoff2:Tonight it was visible for damn near 2 minutes. Pretty fucking cool.

Last edited:
My wife and I sit out on our front porch every evening when its nice out and I see it go by quite often, just saw it last night as a matter of fact - we watch for satellites as well (something I've done since I was a kid). I use the Skyview app on my phone and tablet for that and for aircraft I use the Flight Radar24 app.

I have Skyview as well. Pretty good app. I.wish it worked with no signal. Because middle of nowhere is where you see the most.

We saw it a Sunday night. It looked like it had a satellite trailing behind it.

That was the resupply mission catching up to it I bet. We see it on the back deck every now and then. It’s pretty cool. We saw it overhead when Tesla launched the Americans. They were just floating on behind it.

I have Skyview as well. Pretty good app. I.wish it worked with no signal. Because middle of nowhere is where you see the most.

Sky Guide seems to work regardless of signal. I've used it in some very remote areas.

My Dad pays attention to it. He'll call me to let me know when its over head. We'll stand in our backyards and watch it. Kind of neat.

thread is worthless without pics ...... even blurry ones taken from 400kms away :grinpimp:
eta - taken handheld
Click image for larger version Name:	ISS March 29 2019 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.9 KB ID:	164760

P1000 actually
no wait, I think it was the 900. I have both but not sure if I had the 1000 when I took this one. I now basically just use the 1000, other than really low light pics. I took the ir filter out of the 900 and it is almost like a night vision cam now

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh