What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

Sexy
1712062336076.png

1712062366397.png

Never took it off road. The body is incredible, the doors shut with one finger. It has the original 300 inline 6 cylinder engine backed by the heavy duty 4 speed manual transmission and also equipped with factory power steering and power front disc brakes.
My dad had a 76 F100 identical to that when I was a kid...same color even. Should see if I can find a pic....

There were a lot of different models of aux boxes. Some just split the main while others had one or two double overs in the box. Or one in the main and one in the aux. Something like 85 and 75 over. My old Int'nl had a 5X4 with double over behind a 262 Cummins. You can't split every gear cuz the next gear up might be lower than the one you were in. Those old 5 speeds couldn't take a lot of torque IIRC around 800ft/lbs or so. Keep you busy in the hills. And don't forget what gear you're in @ 2AM and sleepy

The way I understood 3spd aux boxes were commonly spec'd out was you get a slight overdrive (.8 or so), 1:1 and then a deep gear. So you're expected row all the gears in the trans in low when you're doing dumb stuff and when you're unloaded or light or you've gotten to flat highway you use direct and OD to split the five gears the trans gets you as you desire for optimal cruising RPMs

I assume a 4spd aux is is an extra low gear for extra special shenanigans. :laughing:

I've never heard of a 4spd aux trans with two over and one under but I see no reason it wouldn't exist.

If I lived closer I would be trying to tade some junk to get this thing... look like it would be a blast to bebop in! $1500 is a deal!

432277595_1787801851734420_1719032267550585093_n.jpg
That would be the shit to just leave parked at hunting camp and not worry about. We could actually use a fleet of them now that I think about it. :lmao:

So it appears to me, the hoist is electric and you wheel the whole mess by hand. Unless there’s some kind of golf cart motor in there.

So it appears to me, the hoist is electric and you wheel the whole mess by hand. Unless there’s some kind of golf cart motor in there.
It appears that the pump is driven by a gas engine, the batteries are ballast.

It appears that the pump is driven by a gas engine, the batteries are ballast.
Hard to tell

Be a lot more usefull if it was electric or gas powered self propelled
Here’s a link to the ad

Top Back Refresh