What's new

Insulating 10x20 shed/workshop

B-rock

Member Number
Loc
warshington
Wanting to insulate in between my trusses. Using 2” ridged foam board. Placed so there is an air gap under the OSB. This will not continue to the peak. But instead travel to the horizontal 2x4. So there is a larger air gap at the peak. A couple roof vents will be installed at the roof peak. I have soffit vents every other truss on the top of the walls.
is this ok? Or am I setting myself up for failure

im using my phone. I can use paint tomorrow on my work computer to better illustrate. I’m

49F189FB-F916-461D-AEF7-E13C4DC49130.jpeg

31160507-2F88-4CF1-BA37-3064ECBA2F62.jpeg

3A74C0E9-25D2-420B-9610-03C8F3F98C84.jpeg

Insulate touching the ceiling and don't vent anything. It's a shed, not a house.

Even houses are built without air gaps. Google "hot roof" to see examples.

Squirrels are going butt fuck you and your insulation. What they leave behind will be the bitch of birds. Don't leave any gaps or vents. They always find a way into comfortable space.

Screw the insulation, install a woodstove and 15 minutes after you light it you will be working with the door open because it is too damn hot.

Screw the insulation, install a woodstove and 15 minutes after you light it you will be working with the door open because it is too damn hot.

100% this
you also get to cancel your monthly garbage service because like 90% of it will burn good enough

[486 said:
;n176221]

100% this
you also get to cancel your monthly garbage service because like 90% of it will burn good enough

Try to keep the snowmobile mud flaps and giant stuffed animals to a minimum. Pretty much looks like that turbo wood stove video that's in the win thread right now.

Top Back Refresh