What's new

inlinetube.com brakelines?

61scout80

Anchored. Finally.
Member Number
Loc
Crestwood, KY
I'm looking to cheat and buy a complete brake line set for my '61 scout 80. Do any of you know how well inline tube does with the scout lines? I found a thread in the Chevy section, seems like they have several happy customers, but I also know the Scout is an entirely different beast when it comes to parts.

Here's a link to the kit I'm considering:

Reactions: PAE
Not the exact answer to your question but I sent a old set of lines to them and it came back as a exact match. No leaks after installing.

I ordered them, the parts are here and look to be in good shape. I don't think I'll be able to get them on before I travel for about a month, so I'll update that when I put them on.

I'm a bit put off that they do not have a parts list. There is absolutely no indication of which line is for where. Since mine rotted off about a decade ago I expect it to be a little bit of a challenge figuring out what belongs where. I was hoping for the diagram on the website with the lines labeled, but they tell me no such sheet exists. Still better than making my own lines, but it's not going to be as simple as it could have been.

Maybe it's no big deal and I'll find it obvious when I get started. Either way, the lines look like they are quality. If they fit I'll be completely happy with them.

I ordered them, the parts are here and look to be in good shape. I don't think I'll be able to get them on before I travel for about a month, so I'll update that when I put them on.

I'm a bit put off that they do not have a parts list. There is absolutely no indication of which line is for where. Since mine rotted off about a decade ago I expect it to be a little bit of a challenge figuring out what belongs where. I was hoping for the diagram on the website with the lines labeled, but they tell me no such sheet exists. Still better than making my own lines, but it's not going to be as simple as it could have been.

Maybe it's no big deal and I'll find it obvious when I get started. Either way, the lines look like they are quality. If they fit I'll be completely happy with them.
Print the online sheet off? It's pretty obvious what goes where when you straighten them out and lay them out.

Print the online sheet off? It's pretty obvious what goes where when you straighten them out and lay them out.

I'm sure you're right and once I get them straight and laid out on the bench I'll realize I was concerned over nothing. I'll probably label their online sheet in hopes it can help someone in the future.

1658422667015.png

Really? That's odd. This was of course about 20 yrs ago but my set for a CJ7 came with tape tags wrapped around them. Had the bar code, part #, and description(which was thier location) printed on them.

Top Back Refresh