What's new

Information Technology Rant

I’ll never pretend to be that smart, but why not just use a land line to I’ve a password?

Exactly. I called their boss and verbally gave him the new password. He updated their records... Now as long as everyone there is good about following standard security protocol, we should be good... :rolleyes:

Yup, so effectively you're taking short cuts by testing using prod data and not having sufficient infrastructure :) Just use that as your excuse, any dev will understand there's never enough money to do everything right lol

Way back when I said ops was testing prod data in a test environment, I wasn't talking about devs. Actual operations people and data entry drones testing their data entry processes and running their data entry reports. Not to be elitist, but they were not able to wrap their heads around the idea of testing with fake data when it was proposed. So here we are.

Way back when I said ops was testing prod data in a test environment, I wasn't talking about devs. Actual operations people and data entry drones testing their data entry processes and running their data entry reports. Not to be elitist, but they were not able to wrap their heads around the idea of testing with fake data when it was proposed. So here we are.

LoL yeah, I caught that it was generally people with access to the data anyway who were using it. I said something along the lines of, that system needs to be treated as a production system too since it has potentially sensitive data in it.

LoL yeah, I caught that it was generally people with access to the data anyway who were using it. I said something along the lines of, that system needs to be treated as a production system too since it has potentially sensitive data in it.

The guys in my group do. I wish I could say the same for ops and our vendor. I do what I can and try not to wince too much when our CIO brags about security in meetings.

Top Back Refresh